PDA

View Full Version : crowley lake 5/4

kaiyasdad
05-04-2012, 10:36 PM
fished mcgee on our tubes today and was hoping for the wide open bite that took place during the opener but it was actually kinda slow. we launched around 730 and were the only tubers out there till around 9 when 2 other guys showed up. we fished straight out from the barbed wire fence in 14 to 16 ft of water and worked towards sandy point. my dad an and i didnt hook up till around 1030 but where able to figure it out a bit and started catching a few. my dad hooked about 10 and landed 8 and i caught 12 and lost a few others. biggest was around 18 inches. we caught them all on size 10 buggers and full sink line. wind kicked up bad at around 2. gonna try leighton springs tomorrow.

Matt44
05-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the crowley report im sure it will pick up in a few weeks! Opener traffic always has the fish skiddish!

RiverWalker
05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for posting. I've been waiting for someone to post a report from crowley. What color buggers were you using? Black? Olive?

seal
05-05-2012, 07:40 AM
That is not a bad day for Crowley as of late. I'd say you did pretty damn good! Jealous haven't been on that lake in a few I'm sure that 18" took somebody on a nice ride.

SierraPeaks
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks. I've also been waiting on a Crowley report. Typically after a mild winter and early thaw, Crowley explodes around the 3rd week of May if the weather stays consistently warm with no spring snow storms/cold fronts.