PDA

View Full Version : bluegill help

tunagod1
05-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Need some help with some bluegill spots around the lake, I have tried several areas (mostly small fish) but can;t seem to find the area that hold the larger models. I know that the lake holds some very large bluegill/redear but I can't seem to find them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tunagod1

hookup
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
i have caught some good size bluegill on the east dam road off shore dropshotting nightcrawlers the depth was probley any where from ten to 20 feet deep

wirelessbass
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
i have caught a bunch of them near the saddle dam, there is a little island and just fly-line night crawlers or mealworms, i believe that is where a lot of them were bedding.

JigStop
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
We caught some small bluegill on the East Dam last week. My buddy had reel issues and it seemed like the longer it took him to bring one to the boat, the more chance it would get ate by a bass. It seems like we caught a dozen or so this way. So I wouldn't complain about the small gills.

Matt_Magnone
05-04-2012, 08:04 PM
not really a panfish champion but i've been seeing large numbers in about 10-15' prior to the algae bloom. try targeting that depth on areas of the lake with most consistent sunlight, northwest corners and areas with heavy brush.