PDA

View Full Version : Tips?

lafalot
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Im pretty new at fishing, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for fishing at Perris... mostly trying to catch trout and panfish though.

dopefromie
05-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Fish from shore...lots 11 and 12 thats where the panfish and trout are. If i only I knew how to catch the bass at this same location.....

Sublime-Steve
05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Drop shot 2 lb test with a very small hook and a red worm or a wax worm and keep your line tight.. you will catch fish.. prob more red ear then bluegill but its all good right? as for bass drop shot a purple robo worm or toss anything that looks like a shad to create a reaction bite.. bass are in cover and outside and inside weed lines. panfish r in shallow and kinda deep EVERYWHERE.. lol

Sandman_Tracker
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
If you're going for panfish, lots 11-12. Red worm, night crawler and meal worms. My sons do very well using "inflated" night crawlers. They'll take a syringe and inflate the worm with air. They usually kill it down there for RE and trout...

HawgZWylde
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Fish from shore...lots 11 and 12 thats where the panfish and trout are. If i only I knew how to catch the bass at this same location.....

Match the hatch...

lafalot
05-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks guys, I actually went there yesterday and had some pretty good luck on the pier (unfortunately I didn't read the comments about lot 11-12 before I left). The one issue I ran into was that the bluegill were literally stripping my redworms off the hook before I had any time to react. Anyone have any suggestions for how to prevent this (btw I was using a size 6 snell hook).

Also, if I go to lot 11-12 how far out should I be casting?

Kelster
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
If you're going for panfish, lots 11-12. Red worm, night crawler and meal worms. My sons do very well using "inflated" night crawlers. They'll take a syringe and inflate the worm with air. They usually kill it down there for RE and trout...
I've seen your boys down there a couple of times, when I launch my tube, and they are always on the fish.