PDA

View Full Version : buying new rod, but what kind?

Got_fish?
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
okay so my last rod broke on my last trip so i need a new one. i need a rod that can be used for surf fishing but at the same time useful for other places like piers and boats jetties etc. dont realy know as to where to start.. what brands should i look out for , the length , and possibly the price around which the rod will cost if possible or maby some combos that are worth looking in to

cutbait
05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
okay so my last rod broke on my last trip so i need a new one. i need a rod that can be used for surf fishing but at the same time useful for other places like piers and boats jetties etc. dont realy know as to where to start.. what brands should i look out for , the length , and possibly the price around which the rod will cost if possible or maby some combos that are worth looking in to

Shimano's... If you had a shimano and that tip broke you would be getting a free replacement!

I'm particular to Crucials, and Teramars... lesser degree Clarus

And all around good rod is the Teramar...

Look from 100-170 dollar range for those... but once you buy one you'll have one for life {guaranteed}

Got_fish?
05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
ive seen alot of shimanos go for really good prices ( including the reel) but ive read a thread on here about someone complaining of shimano merchandise so i didnt know where to go from their
As to the teramar, it seems a little pricy.. how ever if it will last me for life then it probably is a good investment .. ill look into them more for sure, thanks alot :Smile:

bsp
05-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Talk about the techniques you're looking to use it for, reel you want to match it up with, line class you're looking to use, fish you plan to target, lures or bait, etc... Just saying you want a rod for surf, pier, and jetties isn't really specific enough to help us give you good advice.

Got_fish?
05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
sorry bsp i was not aware all of that came into prospective when buy a fishing rod.. id like to use it to target anyting from sharks to halibut to perch from the sand .. im looking froward to using the lucky craft lures so whatever technique is attached to that .. also for drop shot lures and using live bait as to the line type.. perhaps 20 pound test? ive always bought random rods (2 in total) from stores that already come with the reels.. so any corrections as to anything ive mentioned are encouraged? like what brand of line should i use? sorry if its to much information to ask for but this is where i am at rite now.. any help or advice would be gladly appreciated it [=

cutbait
05-03-2012, 03:50 PM
sorry bsp i was not aware all of that came into prospective when buy a fishing rod.. id like to use it to target anyting from sharks to halibut to perch from the sand .. im looking froward to using the lucky craft lures so whatever technique is attached to that .. also for drop shot lures and using live bait as to the line type.. perhaps 20 pound test? ive always bought random rods (2 in total) from stores that already come with the reels.. so any corrections as to anything ive mentioned are encouraged? like what brand of line should i use? sorry if its to much information to ask for but this is where i am at rite now.. any help or advice would be gladly appreciated it [=

Get a Teramar.... 7-11 MH. Very stout for sharks and Hali and striper. Kinda heavy for the surf perch though. Pair it with a cardiff and your money