PDA

View Full Version : Prado 5/2/12

t3rry
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Got to lake around 7:30 saw a few cars in line. Parked in my usual spot and proceeded to pick apart the lake. Early morning bite was tough. Dark overcast and very gusty winds made for a fun day of fishing regardless of the rough start. I managed to hook into 3 fish and missed 2 hits by 10:30. One of the fish managed to free itself from the hook after a quick head shake above the water. It looked like a HUGE red ear? It had a bright orange color right under the gill area. Conditions changed around 11:00 so I switched baits and few casts later I got snagged on something and 1 firm tug and it just sliced my line.... bummed me out cause that was the last one I had of its kind. I had 1 lure left that matched the conditions and 20 minutes or so later I lose this one too. Did I mention very gusty winds?

While I was dicking around to see what bait I had left, I ran across a teenager who was also fishing for bass. He had about the same success as myself with 2 fish in the 1~2lb range. He was using a similar bait to what I had just lost. We fished near each other and we were equally successful in landing fish. He managed to land a fish that was around 14 ~15 inches that hadn't spawned yet. It was an odd sight. Considering majority of the fish now were guarding their frys.

I ended the day at around 3:30. 7 fish accounted for and almost double that in missed hook sets. My little fishing buddy had around the same figures. They were all about the same size. I wasn't able to take my usual rod / fish pics because all of these fish wouldn't stay still!

I " probably " won't be out there for a good week or two. The fish are becoming more and more unpredictable with bait and I don't feel like carrying a tackle store on my back just to fish for em.

CrownTown
05-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Way to go man! I fished Prado a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and but we only got 2 little bass within a couple hours. Those fish look a little bigger than what I've seen people catch there before, so I'd say you did pretty well.

t3rry
05-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I love this lake. Only down side is they don't allow float tubes. If they did it'd be an amazing fishery. I only opt to fish from shore at the moment to strengthen my injured left knee, once my knee is healed I'll be sure to hit up the float tube friendly lakes.