PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Cove Pier on PCH 8/19

synenergy52
08-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I went with a friend and his gf--they ate at the restaurant while I fished. I never been here before and coming here was completely spontaneous. I see a short wooden pier with other fisherman on it so I decide to give it a try with a neon green feather jig on 6# test. I get followers--what appear to be dink bass--but no bites. Actually a couple of them swiped at it but I think I was moving the lure too fast. When I slowed it down I think they noticed it wasn't real food LOL. Kind of a catch 22. Water visibility was clear and you can see clear into the shallow water. You can see outlines of larger fish hovering over the bottom--i'd say no more than 6 ft deep at the end of the pier. So a family next to me was using cut up sardines and they were landing (what appears to be sand bass to me--but they called it "Scorpion fish') So out of desperation to avoid the skunk, I asked to borrow a piece of bait. Strapped on a 1oz sinker with a 24" tag and a small bait hook at the end. Cast out as far as I can... and 2 minutes in.. i get tap..tap...30 seconds go by.. tap tap.. BENDO! Fish on! Well we both ran out of bait so I called it quit after one fish. I'm sure if I had more time and BAIT I would of nailed a LOT of these fish. They were all over the place. Can someone confirm what kind of fish these are? Sorry for the poor quality pics all I had was my phone... (Im having problems getting the pics off my phone all I have for now is the pic of the one fish I caught. And I did release it. It was a dink!

one_leg
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Barred Sand Bass.

O_L

synenergy52
08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Thank you O_L!

Wingnut
08-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Cool little Bass, fun times! :wink:

Matador1238
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I love that place. Parking is EXPENSIVE though.....

one_leg
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM

Park outside and walk in.

O_L

synenergy52
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Where exactly, one_leg?? I wanna go again!

Matador1238
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM

Park outside and walk in.

O_L

I think they charge you for fishing at the pier if you dont park there.

one_leg
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Where exactly, one_leg?? I wanna go again!

Where ever it's legal. Outside the parking lot. On PCH.

One_Leg