PDA

View Full Version : 5/1/12

Matt_Magnone
05-02-2012, 02:14 AM
today the stars aligned. weather was miserable but this fish bit FULL SPEED! found fish all over the lake with no areas in particular biting the best. stayed on the move most of the day. fish were chewing in 30'-40'. had to slow down today on retrieve speed. slower i went, the bigger the fish got. had a hefty limit.

this week is going to be epic. cancel all you plans if you arent fishing and get up to the lake. someones gonna catch 50#'s as long as conditions hold up. i envy anyone going tomorrow

good luck!

fish count- a lot
depth - 30'-40'
technique- texas, creature baits
colors- chocolate red flk
areas- main and secondary points

karalm
05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Matt,
Way to go in grabbing the bucketmouths and also in the many reports and vids you place on this site. The info is appreciated!! I plan to "bang" the banks of the "Jewel" this Friday and looking to score some serious poundage.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Nice..things are steering slowly into gear all over for Mr Largemouth...slowly but surely despite the weather.. I've seen an increase in activity at the castaic lagoon as well...

Copngrats on the stellar day......you've been bangin them out in regular fashion..it could only get better as fish get shallower and at a more attainable depth..

Congrats on ur sucesses...

Whats the water temp been as of late ?

Nice work,
Gary

Matt_Magnone
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
ive seen it as high as 71 in some spots. average seems to be around 68. the 14.03 i caught yesterday was in a little cooler water. it was around 66.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
ive seen it as high as 71 in some spots. average seems to be around 68. the 14.03 i caught yesterday was in a little cooler water. it was around 66.

Thanks for the intel…the fish gods will rain many a hookup on you : )

Huge congrats on the 14 lb peeg….. TOOOOOOOAD !

That’s a sweet feesh, one to remember !

Is that a PB ? either way, me thinks you’ll be tangling with the likes of yet even bigger grandmas soon enough, your putting the time in…

Maybe even a lake record ????

That’d be sweet huh : )

I’d luv to see some pics…..even if you want to PM me if U don’t want to post….

I love looking at the different growth patterns of those peegs from lake to lake

Again Huge congrats…

P.S.
I bet that hawg still is replaying in ur minds eye !

jeepnkal
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Matt, How do you think the full moon is gonna effect the bite (if at all)? I always seem to catch less when fishing the day after a full moon.

Matt_Magnone
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
i try to get the moon out of my head when it comes to fishing. well not quite all the way but still i try to avoid the wives tale as much as i can. i truly believe it makes a difference for the larger fish but the lake wont just shut down because of the moon. sure feeding levels will increase at night as the fish have an opportunity to "see" and "feel" their fish at the same time. its an easier time for them to hunt. as an ambush predator what better way for him to use a bright object to cast silhouette on a smaller prey fish. its a perfect scenario. they can sit away in the trees and ambush MUCH more efficiently. being that their active feeding times can be triggered better you should in fact see an increase in your own fish catch. no matter what though fish have to eat. its a challenge to catch a trophy no matter what. with them being able to feed in seclusion at night it makes it even harder. no matter what though, they still have to eat. if you go out, you're still gonna wail on these fish. they're there for the taking!

-----
"Again Huge congrats…

P.S.
I bet that hawg still is replaying in ur minds eye !"

i cant stop thinking about the fight, the fish, the wind, sun, moon and barometric pressure. im still constantly trying to process how the day ended up working together with conditions and my approach. i know i can catch fish; i just want to learn how to consistently catch the monsters. what triggers the time limits and how big fish move and operate. one things for sure. im DAMN proud of this fish. it was caught off of one of my favorite techniques and on a day i felt most comfortable and in control. i couldnt ask for more. 3 fish over 8 with the smallest of the limit 5. incredible. i topped my personal best limit at 36 with a 44.

a321eric
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Matt you're a beast dude! Keep up the good work man. I hope to catch at least 1 DD in my lifetime. All I need to do is add 2lbs 2oz's to my PB and im there.

whopperstopper
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
That's a nice 5 fish bag, I could use one of those for tommorows tournament, now were these big fish caught on 6lb flouro...pulled out of the tree's that's scary huh, how bout some inside info:Cool: .lol

Matt_Magnone
05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
heck no. deep water, 12# and a tight drag. fishing should be good for all in the tournament tomorrow. dont settle for the small fish. if you're not getting any size; move on.

whopperstopper
05-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info after we get five then well' go for " Girth Brooks" in the sticks , any you guys gonna be there tommorow, looks its 11 and I gotta be up in four hours...why always you get so pumped ? .....I'm Steve and I'm a bassaholic...thats the first step..