PDA

View Full Version : DVL 2 day... A tale of two lakes 4-30/5-1

tinfish
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Hit DVL yesterday for AWSOME fishing. Started with a few green bass untill the fog lifted. Then hit my striper spot for LIMITS. Nothing huge but boy they pull hard on light line!

Finished off my limit as the wind picked up. Decided I had to hit the Largies one more time. The wind was really blowing so I hit the lee side of an island and just let the boat blow against the shoreline, then I fan cast from ONE spot for 4 largies including a 6 lbr!!!! Sorry no photos on the boat and she was released. She was tough on light line. and right in the trees at 25'

Today, day 2....Wind never really stopped. Heavy drizzle all day. Very miserable. Hit all the same spots for one 2lb largie. Then went to my striper spot from the day prior. NADA. Saw just a few being caught at the parking lot....It was like a different lake today.

Back next week!
H20- 65
Water super clear, very little displaced alge3496134961

GdHkSet1
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Hit DVL yesterday for AWSOME fishing. Started with a few green bass untill the fog lifted. Then hit my striper spot for LIMITS. Nothing huge but boy they pull hard on light line!

Finished off my limit as the wind picked up. Decided I had to hit the Largies one more time. The wind was really blowing so I hit the lee side of an island and just let the boat blow against the shoreline, then I fan cast from ONE spot for 4 largies including a 6 lbr!!!! Sorry no photos on the boat and she was released. She was tough on light line. and right in the trees at 25'

Today, day 2....Wind never really stopped. Heavy drizzle all day. Very miserable. Hit all the same spots for one 2lb largie. Then went to my striper spot from the day prior. NADA. Saw just a few being caught at the parking lot....It was like a different lake today.

Back next week!
H20- 65
Water super clear, very little displaced alge3496134961

Nice job out there Tinfish, how deep are those stripeys hitting?

tinfish
05-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I fish spots in 200' up to 65'. at the 200' spot they mark in about 100' at the 65' spot they like about 40' ......especially when its overcast

GdHkSet1
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the 411 Tinfish, I'm usually trollin throughout that range, then schoolies are moving consistently. See you out there sometime