PDA

View Full Version : South Lake Opener Report

Sierra_Smitty
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Just a quick report.....

We put in two boats on South Lake Friday and then proceeded to fish and BBQ on the lake for the next 3 days. The weather was as good as I've ever seen it in April....simply beautiful. We fished mini-jigs primarily and we were C&R between 15 and 30 fish per person per day and not really trying too hard to do it. Any jig with an orange trailer was getting bit like crazy. When the wind came up, fishing the jigs 7' under a bobber was crushing it. Biggest fish by our group was around 3lbs but most were holdover stockers in the 11 to 14" range. Holdover fish really fight great so they were a ton of fun. Somebody apparently stuck a 9lb 15oz 'bow from shore at South on Saturday but we haven't seen any pictures of it yet. The conditions are very odd for this time of year....lake level is probably 50 vertical feet higher than normal and by the end of the day on Monday there was basically one small piece of ice left by the dam - the rest was gone. The back of the lake is still frozen but I wouldn't be surprised if that's gone in the next week. We usually ice fish on opener standing on 4ft of solid ice...it was amazing to be out on open water.

We heard fishing in the creeks and at Sabrina was excellent as well...

peace,
smitty

SierraPeaks
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I heard you had a great BBQ on the island.

Sierra_Smitty
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
I heard you had a great BBQ on the island.

Yes sir....it was a pretty awesome few days for sure. Shore lunches are simply the best!

flytyingreloader
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM
HIJO LA, SMITTY! Won't be long until the docks are out.

TrouTracker
05-02-2012, 01:31 AM
To Smitty- Great news that the ice is melting quickly. Quite a difference from last year! Hoping that you have a terrific year at Parcher's Resort. Sounds like it's going to be a very memorable year for holdovers.
Barry

TroutOnly
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
JARED ME AND PAT WILL IN BISHOP WORKING IN A COUPLE WEEKS ,HE ALREADY TOLD ME WERE COMIN UP THE HILL TO SEE YOU AND FISH THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Beeracuda211
05-03-2012, 06:05 AM
JARED ME AND PAT WILL IN BISHOP WORKING IN A COUPLE WEEKS ,HE ALREADY TOLD ME WERE COMIN UP THE HILL TO SEE YOU AND FISH THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Time to Poach! lol :Envious:

Crawler
05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
The FNN link to the Parchers website is no good. If you remove the /index from the link it works.

Thanks for the report and opener pics on your website.

Sierra_Smitty
05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up Crawler...made some changes on my website that affected the link. Much obliged.

Mike274
05-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Nice job Smitty, glad you got to sneak in some fishing! Great seing you at the LB Fred Show and hope to see you some time this year. Take care.

Mike