PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Eric, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist

Santa Fe Eric
04-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello Friends,
It took me 10 years, but today, I completed the final requirement to get my License as a Marriage & Family Therapist. I have been working with Children as a counselor since my Undergrad in 1993. 10 years ago, I decided to get my Masters Degree and become a Licensed Therapist. It has been a long process. What I will tell you is, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Keep the faith, follow your heart, and pursue your dreams.

Eric
Now I believe that I can get some fishing in!

christopherstellar
04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
congrats bro, that is awesome, way to stick with it.

5150fishn
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Congratulations, You set your goal and you followed through with it. Very respectable!

blackberg
04-30-2012, 08:24 PM
congrats again,

-bb

old pudd fisher
04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Thats great ,I love the good news.

Troutman65
04-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Congrats Eric . I am sure your more than ready to fish . LOL.

troutdog
05-01-2012, 12:29 AM
"And that's what Legends are made of...."

Congratulations Eric!

TD

DockRat
05-01-2012, 06:51 AM
That's dedication. :Applause:
Major Props for hanging in there. :UDaMan:
DR

fishfnatic
05-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Congrats man way to pull it off!

Nessie Hunter
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Eric, I think its all my Moms fault.
I still wet the bed and have bad dreams!!! :LOL: :EyePop: :Envious:

J/K buddy.....

Major congrats Man, Big accomplishment!!! Boooyaaaa!!!!

Natural Lefty
05-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Congratulations Eric! I think you and I may have something uniquely in common among members of this site since we are psychology people. I am a social psychologist. Any other psychology people out there?

Wingnut
05-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Congratulations Big "E"! :Thumbs Up:
You have counseled me a few times at events... :LOL:
Now go fishing... you've earned it! :Big Grin:

1HR2BBL
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Congrats! My mother got her MA degree in MFCC when she was 50. She's now retired and healthy at 84.

Hometown
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
congrats buddy see you on the water

exfactor
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Being an angler, you learned a long time ago that patience is a virtue. If anything, this will roll over in your angling success. Especially when you realize how there are so many people with wayyyyy more problems then you. Think you should advertise as a fishing marriage counselor! Mikey

Santa Fe Eric
05-01-2012, 06:46 PM
congrats bro, that is awesome, way to stick with it.

Thank you, Christopher! I appreciate it!

Congratulations, You set your goal and you followed through with it. Very respectable!

Thanks man, there were soem rough patches, but you are right-I followed through! Appreciate it!

congrats again,

-bb
Thanks BB! Appreciate it!

Thats great ,I love the good news.

Thank you, Sir! I was too excited not to share.

Santa Fe Eric
05-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats Eric . I am sure your more than ready to fish . LOL.
Thanks TM65! My dog keeps going into the garage and sniffing the fishing poles. I can tell he is ready to get out as well!

"And that's what Legends are made of...."

Congratulations Eric!

TD
TD! My brother and my friend! Thank you so much! I am starting to feel like my old self again. I havent busted a rhyme in over 2 years I have been so stressed out trying to finish this thing. You will be my Commish this year!

That's dedication. :Applause:
Major Props for hanging in there. :UDaMan:
DR
Thanks DR! You are a heck of a guy! I havent had the pleasure of meeting you, but I hope to one day.

Congrats man way to pull it off!

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Santa Fe Eric
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Eric, I think its all my Moms fault.
I still wet the bed and have bad dreams!!! :LOL: :EyePop: :Envious:

J/K buddy.....

Major congrats Man, Big accomplishment!!! Boooyaaaa!!!!

Nessie! You were the first person to welcome me to the board in 2005. I remember I caught my first 3 oz fish at Santa Fe Dam and you told everyone that it was a DD because I was like 6 feet 10 inches tall and 400+ pounds. You welcomed me essentially to fishing by Bagging on me so you have a license to rip whenver you want.

About your disorder, I would have to ask is this Primary Enuresis (you were never potty trained) or Secondary Enuresis (you were potty trained, but because of an on water encounter with a Nessie you lost control of your bladder and never got it back)?
I am gonna go with the second one.

lastly, the bad dreams are manifestations of your suppressed urges to throw pink lures on light line.

Oh yeah! It is always Moms fault :EyePop::EyePop::LOL::LOL:

Santa Fe Eric
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Congratulations Eric! I think you and I may have something uniquely in common among members of this site since we are psychology people. I am a social psychologist. Any other psychology people out there?
Psychology people Rock! Social Psychology, I love it. I amy need to pick your brains about soem things in the future. What is your consultation fee?

Congrats! My mother got her MA degree in MFCC when she was 50. She's now retired and healthy at 84.
Awesome for your mother. I know some good young therapists, but I have a bias that soem of us that have lived a little make better therapists. Just my opinion.

congrats buddy see you on the water
Thank you, my friend. I am hoping to get an autographed copy of your article. Seriously, I have a collection of articles. If you have one and can sign it for me I will keep it in my collection that goes back to 2005 when I first started fishing.

Santa Fe Eric
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Congratulations Big "E"! :Thumbs Up:
You have counseled me a few times at events... :LOL:
Now go fishing... you've earned it! :Big Grin:

Thank you my brother! I know I have been a distant cousing, but you will hear more from me and hear more from me. Thank you for being my friend.

Being an angler, you learned a long time ago that patience is a virtue. If anything, this will roll over in your angling success. Especially when you realize how there are so many people with wayyyyy more problems then you. Think you should advertise as a fishing marriage counselor! Mikey
Funny you should mention that Mikey (I do believe that is your name) I met you once you are a cool cat!
When I open my practice a portion of it will be dedicated to the very topic that you mentioned. How many people have you fished with that were trying to work out their relationship either on the water or on the long drive to the water. My Motto for marriage is to kindle that fire on Friday night if you want to fish stress free Saturday.

Hitts0n
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Hello Friends,
It took me 10 years, but today, I completed the final requirement to get my License as a Marriage & Family Therapist. I have been working with Children as a counselor since my Undergrad in 1993. 10 years ago, I decided to get my Masters Degree and become a Licensed Therapist. It has been a long process. What I will tell you is, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Keep the faith, follow your heart, and pursue your dreams.

Eric
Now I believe that I can get some fishing in!

I hope so !! Man we havent fishing with you in years !!!! Congrats brotha !!

Natural Lefty
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Sure, I would like that Eric. My consultation fee is the same as my teaching fee or taking people fishing fee -- Free! And I agree -- Psychology people rock!

olfishergal
05-03-2012, 05:58 PM
and we all know about this here person.....An a Mental Health Counselor RN so been there and done that!!! Congrats to my pal Eric, hard work has paid
off. This profession offers so many rewards when you can directly influence others wellness.....See you on the water, from one Legend to another

CASTAWAY
05-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Congrats!!!! :Cool:

Karyn
05-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Congrats! Way to set a goal and follow through. Going to school is not an easy task-especially when you have other responsibilities. Patting you on the back! Way to go!