PDA

View Full Version : Big Bass @ Lake Perris - New PB!

Rapala17
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Fished Lake Perris this weekend with my Dad, and we both caught a personal best. I caught two, a solid 10.4 lb. and 10.1 lb. Largemouth Bass.

However, my Dad landed a monster 13.3 lb. Bass!

It was an epic day of fishing. I will never forget it, specifically because I was with my Dad. Enjoy the pics!

Bent Rods For Life,
Rapala17

fishmounter
04-29-2012, 06:41 PM
God those are nice bass! How cool is that, that you were fishing with your father and you got to see him catch a fish like that! And you got two! Really nice photos too.. worthy to be framed and hung on the den wall!

spooks
04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Beautiful well done guys

bassgrabber1
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Wtg Rap!!!! Great day of fishing for sure!

skunked again
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Way to go guys. I love these big bass from LP this year !

Kelster
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Beautiful fish you two got there and to be able to share the experience with your dad is priceless.

I M Hooked
04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Good job guys. We were fishing next to you for awhile. You guys really need to get your scales checked though.

Huuuked up
04-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Nice fish gentlemen. Sounds like an awesome trip.

etucker1959
04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Good job guys. We were fishing next to you for awhile. You guys really need to get your scales checked though.

Come on give them a break!!!!! Great catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I M Hooked
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah yeah, I woulda been happy catching those.

Socal Bassman
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Wow! Three toads in the same weekend while fishing with your dad... It doesn't get any better than that. Way to go out there guys and congrats on the new PB!

tagg27
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
WTG guys! Great fish...Congrats on the toads and with your dad to boot...Awesome

Rapala17
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
God those are nice bass! How cool is that, that you were fishing with your father and you got to see him catch a fish like that! And you got two! Really nice photos too.. worthy to be framed and hung on the den wall!

Yes, we will be doing that for sure. My Dad has a nice 10 lb. Bass on the wall that he caught a long time ago at Vail Lake. Now he caught a bigger one with me, and below his fish will hang photos from this trip. Man, what an epic fishing trip; such an amazing time on the water!

Oh and by the way regarding the "scale controversy" that is going on in the forums (which is ridiculous), the "SCALE" never lies. =)

Bent Rods For Life,
Rapala17

Rapala17
04-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Here are some more pictures from the trip. We caught a total of 14 fish that day, and only lost one who shook the hook at the boat! Thanks for all the great messages. Enjoy the pics!

carpanglerdude
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow. I'm amazed. Absolutely stunning fish, congrats!

karalm
04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Rap and Dad, Way to go in scoring some big beauties!! What a trip for the family bass outing.

tree
04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Good lord! nice fish!!!!!

4g63power
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM
wow..stoked for you guys! nice job out there!

4g63power
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM

so did you tell them that while you were fishing next to them?

I M Hooked
04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
so did you tell them that while you were fishing next to them?

They didnt catch any of those while we were fishing there, or I wouldve lent them my scale. My scale isnt certified but I did strap a 10 lb dumbell to it and it read 10.01 which isnt perfect but it is close. So dont try to come on here and get all chesty with me and stir crap up when all you guys just bashed Tagg for his fish.

4g63power
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
They didnt catch any of those while we were fishing there, or I wouldve lent them my scale. My scale isnt certified but I did strap a 10 lb dumbell to it and it read 10.01 which isnt perfect but it is close. So dont try to come on here and get all chesty with me and stir crap up when all you guys just bashed Tagg for his fish.

ok have a warm cup of coffee and have a nice day. btw i just read Taggs report for the very first time after you mentioned it. sorry for bashing him for his fish.

FKNChristopH
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Very stellar trip indeed with pops! Good stuff!

*shakaa*

Kelster
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
:Soap Box: I have nothing but respect for those that fish Lake Perris and post on here but with all the drama I don't post my catches on here any longer. I acknowledge those that did well and PM those that I know are the true sportsmen. I know what I caught and don't need to have others question my catches. I totally believe what the last two posts have to say about their catches and the scales that they use. This is not tournament fishing so relax and enjoy the pictures and stories others have to share....... :My Two Cents:
Once again to Tagg,Rapala17, and others congratulations on the fish that you caught and the experiences that you are willing to share with us.:Thumbs Up:

Ifishtoolittle
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Some guys invest an unmeasurable amount of time on the water for a double digit, but you got TWO in one day! Congrats to both you and your dad on the stellar double digit pig 'olas!

Rapala17
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
:Soap Box: I have nothing but respect for those that fish Lake Perris and post on here but with all the drama I don't post my catches on here any longer. I acknowledge those that did well and PM those that I know are the true sportsmen. I know what I caught and don't need to have others question my catches. I totally believe what the last two posts have to say about their catches and the scales that they use. This is not tournament fishing so relax and enjoy the pictures and stories others have to share....... :My Two Cents:
Once again to Tagg,Rapala17, and others congratulations on the fish that you caught and the experiences that you are willing to share with us.:Thumbs Up:

Well said, well said. =)

seal
04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Time to stop the insanity, don't understand and will never understand why there is a need to question the weight. What does it gain you? If there was a slight exagertation in any post does it matter unless it's record? All these fish being caught are toads so a few ounces here or there should mean nothing!

Don't get it, never will.....

Santa Fe Eric
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Awesome work with you and your Dad! You guys are great Anglers. I love to see stuff like this!

tagg27
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Thanks...Again congrats to rap and his dad...you're top 5 would have made one heck of a bag

bassgrabber1
05-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Good writing right there....

HawgStalker
05-02-2012, 04:23 PM
WOW!!!! Thats so awesome! What a great day of fishing and with your Dad too!!!! Your Dad couldnt look any prouder if he tried....

Thanx for sharing! Congrats