PDA

View Full Version : Skinner still Happenin' 4/29

P.A.W.
04-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Got in line at 5:50 to around a dozen boats and maybe 20 cars. Pretty big crowd for a Sunday at Skinner. Ran into Sweetfish and his amazingly articulate 6yr old son. Striper bite is still off, but LMB is still nuts. Some of the most commonly fished areas are showing the pressure with a slowing bite, but visit some out of the way places and zowie!. Water was at 67-68 and just about fuuuuuullll. I have been hearing from a couple of guys that the bluegill/redear are biting on all kinds off offerings. I have never eaten a bluegill so after a day of LMB I decided to give it a go. Trolled the shallowest area on the ramp 2 arm east end and got one nice reddie. Almost a pound. It was getting late so I headed over to the east end by the marina and hit one more redear (both on a roostertail). I'll be having them for dinner tonight so we'll see if I'll be targeting them more now. BTW that one punder fought like a LMB!!

See you guys soon!

GdHkSet1
04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the report PAW, see you sometime this May-June at Skinner(weekends).

sweetfish
04-30-2012, 06:44 PM
It was great meeting you Pat. The LMB threw in a twist in the afternoon. They started hitting hollow body frogs. Nailed 6 or so biggest going 4 lbs.

Sublime-Steve
05-01-2012, 02:47 AM
how did u like them redear? i bet they taste amazing out of skinner

P.A.W.
05-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Actually Steve I was a little dissapointed. They tasted kinda mossy. I might expect that in mid summer with hot water and more algae blooming. Maybe I'll try a milk bath next time.