PDA

View Full Version : Great week fishing at the Jewel

FrazeIb1
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I went fishing at DVL (5) days in a row this week. I am very fortunate to have had this opportunity. I caught fish every day this week and I have finally locked in on a pattern producing some better fish :Idea:. I got on the water at 8 AM and fished until 1130. Water temps were 65 -67 degrees. I stayed away from the bank and hit the secondary points in deeper water. I was throwing my favorite Carolina Rig and Texas Rig. I pulled up to my first spot this morning and on the second cast, "BAM" I got hit by a freight train:Shocked: 6lb LMB in the boat :Envious:. The fish tried to throw the hook by jumping several times and taking a few long runs. I couldn't believe there was only one LMB willing to bite on this spot :Neutral: Well I moved to my next spot and on the 3rd cast I noticed my line moving off to the left before it reached the bottom. I wind up the slack in the line and set the hook :Razz: another good fish about a 5 pounder :Cool: Im thinking I'm on to something. But I couldn't believe there was only one willing fish on this point too....... I move to my 3rd spot and several cast, I feel a tap, tap and set the hook. I reeling the fish in but I can't feel anything. This fish is swimming right at me towards the boat. She gets close and I realize she is a biggin :Envious:I reach down to lip her and she turns her head and out comes the hook:Embarrassed:that's what I get for trying to be a pro. The sad part is I had the net right there on the deck of the boat. Oh well, you can't catch them all:Rolls Eyes:. Well, by this time it's getting warm and I want to gett home clean up and get ready for my Lakers to do their thing. This is the time of year that can produce some really good fish. There are lots of numbers from 0-20 feet and there are some quality size 20-40 feet.

Until next time......Tight Lines.....

dixoncider
04-29-2012, 04:38 PM
That sounds like a great week..Thanks for the report..

FrazeIb1
04-29-2012, 05:16 PM
That sounds like a great week..Thanks for the report..

Yeah, it was thanks....I have a ton of other photos but I don't want to get the haterade...........hahaha

ddoskocil
04-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Very nice, congrats, and thanks for the reports.

CrazyChuy
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Hey Fraze,

I saw you in line today behind me. I have no doubt that you had a pretty good day today seeing from your reports. You no doubt had a better day then me. Great job on the fish.

Thanks,
Tony

tagg27
04-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a nice day and a great week...WTG and thanks for the report.

FrazeIb1
04-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey Fraze,

I saw you in line today behind me. I have no doubt that you had a pretty good day today seeing from your reports. You no doubt had a better day then me. Great job on the fish.

Thanks,
Tony

Ok.....I remember being behind you guys. There were two of you in a pick-up truck right? If so, next time say what's up.......

FrazeIb1
04-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Sounds like a nice day and a great week...WTG and thanks for the report.

Thanks, I saw you guys had a great day at Perris with your PB.....Congrats....

a321eric
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Nice job out there. There has been some fatties getting pulled outta therel

FrazeIb1
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Nice job out there. There has been some fatties getting pulled outta therel

Yeah thanks......Im getting some size now but I'm still waiting on my DD LMB....My personal best is a 9 1/2 pounder....

Santa Fe Eric
04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
The consistency and quality of your fish is outstanding. DD is on its way!

FrazeIb1
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
The consistency and quality of your fish is outstanding. DD is on its way!

Well thanks, I will be on the water again on Wednesday and I will be searching for that DD......hahaha

HawgStalker
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Dig the report! Better luck on the big girl next time....

Thanx for the report!

Hitts0n
05-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Nice looking lmb !!