PDA

View Full Version : have a tube now i need a toon!!!!

matt duarte
08-20-2007, 08:45 AM
ok so after going fishing with the pontube crew I have got to get me a kickboat!!! I want to get one that has a place where I could stand up if needed but I'm only looking to pay 400 to 450 for it maybe 500. 400 would be better s thatd I would have 100 left for a trolling motor!!!!!

I've looked around seen a few, I was looking at the odc 819 I think its called but I haven't found one with a place ii could stand up on??? I know your had one ron but that pontube is also 800+! lol

is it possible to by a decent toon and make a place o stand? I'm good at fabricating and I would be able to weld something up..... also I want it to be able to mount a trolling motor and a fish finder for water temp and depths

any ideas or toons I hould look at would be helpful! thanks in advance guys

Ronira
08-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Matt, is that ODC boat that was for sale ( lighttheskys friend ) allready gone? That was a good deal. Anyway you can make a standing platform fit most of the boats that have a decent frame. Take a look at mine and I'm sure you could weld one up pretty easy. It's just thin diamond plate aluminium. Get you some. :thumb:

matt duarte
08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
ya I know I pm lightthesky about it I told him I want it if its still for sale but I haven't got a answer back yet.
well that's good to know that I don't have to buy a toon with a plat form, I know I could fab one up.

lol once I saw you fire up the trolling motor on your toon it was like love at first site! lol I gotta have one :lol:

BakoBassin
08-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Wish I had a trolling motor on mine the other day. It was a good 45 min-1 hour row to the spot. I'm extremely sore.

Ronira
08-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Yah man, I used mine for about 6 months without the motor and it was cool but nothing like life with minn-kota.

tacklejunkie
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
lol,
that motor hauled you in the toon and all 3 of us on our tubes right back to shore in 5 mins!

Quit making me want one! I'm still paying off that new reel :lol:

Matt, they have one for $399 down at BPS. It's a red Fishcat model. I almost bought it a while back, but transporting in the S2000 wouldn't work out so good. :cry:

That sure was pimp though how Ron could stand up and kick the trolly motor on just like a bass boat. 8) That thing could get up on plane! :lol:

Ronira
08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm so bummed I didn't have enough battery power in my camera to get a picture of that. That was fun. Lets go again, I need a photo

tacklejunkie
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I was too busy hangin' on and trolling a robo to be able to take a picture :lol:

Image one of those motors on my FC4! :shock: Still havn't figured out how I'm going to accomplish that yet though..

Something like this will do it
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rchResults (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=73581&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults)
But the price on those are crazy. Might just cut down a Min Kota

Ronira
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Dude that thingamajig SoCal posted on Matts thread about a tube with a motor might work. I'm thinking about the one that looks like it attaches to any tube

tacklejunkie
08-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I don't like the idea of the extra tube though. I'm trying to sew a hacked up motor to the fishycat or somethin'. Wish I knew how that one guy at perris did it! If I had one of those motors I'd be figuring out a way to modify/install it.

Ronira
08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I didn't see the one your talking about but a smart guy like you can figure it out I'm sure. Oh I saw the pic of you operating that RC helicopter inverted, man that was sick.

Socal Bassman
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
The PowerFloat I think it was called looks cool, but like TJ said, I don't like the idea of another tube. After kicking against the wind yesterday afternoon, I'm beginning to think of a way to mount a hacked up trolling motor too. Although, I don't think it's really the trolling motor I'm concerned about, it's toting along a deep cycle battery.

Ronira
08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
That is by far the heavyest thing on my boat SoCal, but way worth it.

Coach D'
08-23-2007, 04:15 AM
Matt, Ihave a Trout Unlimited 9' toon fully rigged. I stand on the bladder itself with the inner part of my foot and big toe area resting on the frame.

I find that the wider stance gives me more balance. Through practice learned to handle pretty big waves. The toughest is when the waves are approaching from directly behind you. It wants to throw you backwards.

I have not yet fallen in... :titanic: ya i say yet because its bound to happen so I try to make sure my phone, keys, wallet is in a pouch on the tube and not on me. :wink: Also the lifevest stays on. I have lost my balance and will grab the trollin motor and/or just sit straight down quickly! :oops:

The welded platform between the bladderswould be a great addition for another place to put your feet, especially if you have to do it in a hurry. And if you weld a couple of bars up from the platform to lean against would set it off the hook! :D

matt duarte
08-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm looking at the odc 816 since that one guy selling his kick boat doesn't sign on to check his post..... I noticed that it has a mesh cargo net in the rear.. I can switch that to a aluminum cargo pad so I can mount a trolling motor right? also it doesn't have a stand up platform for me to stand up on....would it work if I made a standing platform right infront of the seat out of the way of the foot rest thing ofcorse, so I can stand up and fish??

tacklejunkie
08-23-2007, 01:37 PM
When I get a trolling motor, I will be using Lithium polymer batteries with it. I will have to make a custom anti-overdishcharge circuit, but the whole battery will be about 1lb. Spent too much $$ lately.. so it will be a while before I can go to walmart and grab that 40lb thrust motor though. Can't wait to do some water wheelies! I'm determined to power my FC4.

Ronira
08-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I really can't wait till you pull that off TJ. I'm really interested in that battery action. Might be an awsome upgrade on the rontoon. Peace Ron