PDA

View Full Version : Castaic upper fish arm 4/28

Coefficient13
04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Headed out with the kayak hoping to hit the west ramp and some action I spotted from land last week, and possibly a spot from land at a certain time of day. Didn't know west ramp wasn't open yet.

So... headed to east ramp, big waves for some reason, one hit on launch big enough to go over my side and get water in the Yak, tipped the water out and tried again with success.

Trolled to the first cove with no bites, then slow fished my creature bait for this guy in the cove.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/Castaic%204_28_12/IMAG0877.jpg

Headed further in after another pass to a spot by the rocks where the cruel finicky fish live, found one who didn't care for the creature bait or the worm. I put on a huddleston crawfish and jigged it in front of him. He kept kissing it and whispering sweet nothings in its ear. After a few days or so he ate it and I hooked him, he swam straight up, jumped, threw the hook and flipped me off. I hate that spot.

The water back where I was headed was six inch visibility and frothy. Tried to fish the edge of the stain change. I collected some stray garbage but no fish.

So I went to the other side and slow fished me this guy.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/Castaic%204_28_12/IMAG0878.jpg

He fought brilliantly, jumping and attempting circles around the Yak.

Then I trolled back to the marina without being harassed by any more fish. I like the way the trolling rig swam, though. Nice day all in although nothing went to plan.

dkinla
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Awesome report! Yeah it was a little breezy this am... I saw you lifting up your kayak on one end.. Was wondering what u were doing.. But looks like u were getting the water out!

Nice catchin in the choppy waters this am...

Coefficient13
04-30-2012, 07:01 AM
The entire lake was pristine and beautiful except the launch, lol. Wave went high enough to get water in my tackle bucket.

And there are swallows doing their nesting thing in the cliffs in the first cove, love that.

How'd you all do?

dkinla
04-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Did ok from the shore/rocks right near the launch ramp. My dad had fun catching his stocker trout.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
way ta go.....yakin them suckas down : )

Nice work

Nice feesh !

Gary

Hitts0n
05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Nice looking fish !!!