PDA

View Full Version : These are funny looking swivels. What are they for?

Cartman
04-28-2012, 03:18 PM
I like browsing ebay. I was looking at deals on swivels when I came across these. I'm a sucker for new fishing gadgets, but I have never seen anything like these before. Anybody know what they're good for?

fish4keep
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
it works like a sliding sinker but for sinkers with brass eye/s (torpedos, teardrops, pyramids). you clip on the sinker and thread the fishing line through the center. mainly c-rig............

Armofisher818
04-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh that's to keep the evil eye away I would definety buy ten lol looks like a multi rig swivel? Never saw one either.

Cartman
04-29-2012, 07:33 AM
it works like a sliding sinker but for sinkers with brass eye/s (torpedos, teardrops, pyramids). you clip on the sinker and thread the fishing line through the center. mainly c-rig............

Thanks, I get it. Yes indeedy very nice if you're casting some heavy weight out there with your carolina rig.

Cartman
04-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Oh that's to keep the evil eye away I would definety buy ten lol looks like a multi rig swivel? Never saw one either.

I hadn't thought of it, but they do look like those amulets they sell in the Armenian grocery stores.

formosa
04-29-2012, 09:28 AM

you saw what i was using last time we went fishing.......my slide bobber with a weird swivel........????

Danktek
04-29-2012, 11:14 AM
They get use on pulley rigs. It's kind of like a modified Carolina rig, used for heavy rock structure fishing.

jcfishinglee
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Those are sliding floaters or bobber clips for when you are fishing in deep waters, like Ople-eye perch fishing on the jetty....
I like browsing ebay. I was looking at deals on swivels when I came across these. I'm a sucker for new fishing gadgets, but I have never seen anything like these before. Anybody know what they're good for?