PDA

View Full Version : City Creek San Bernardino Nationa Forest Fishing Question...?

carpanglerdude
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey folks,

City Creek near Highway 330 in the San Bernardino National Forest looks fantastic, but I simply cannot find any information about fishing it online. I've found that it may have been stocked many years ago, but hasn't in a long time due to a certain protected species frog. If anyone would like to shed some light on this creek for me, feel free to drop me a PM or post here. I'm wondering if the creek is basically in the same shape as lower Mill Creek; lots of water with very few, if any, fish.

Thank you!

castle
04-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Carpangler, P. M. sent

carpanglerdude
04-29-2012, 11:36 PM
In case anyone is wondering, don't waste your time at City Creek:
http://i.imgur.com/Jcw6o.jpg?1

Today I finally found a very extensive document online discussing the Forest Service closure of this creek and several others with large populations of a yellow frog. They recently changed the designation to be 'critical habitat.'

Cameron
04-30-2012, 07:36 AM
In case anyone is wondering, don't waste your time at City Creek:
http://i.imgur.com/Jcw6o.jpg?1

Today I finally found a very extensive document online discussing the Forest Service closure of this creek and several others with large populations of a yellow frog. They recently changed the designation to be 'critical habitat.'
can you share the link & does anyone know anything about behind seven oaks damn ???????? I wont be anywhere near them rattling lil snakes until Nov. LOL

Viejo
04-30-2012, 07:56 AM
There are plenty of snakes starting to show already in that area of the drainage. One of the power company workers stepped on one getting out of his truck Friday at that location. Other drainages up higher have not seen many yet but another week or so of warm weather will change that. Plenty of Poison Oak and Nettles filling in along the creeks and this year.

DarkShadow
04-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Almost got bit by a baby rattler this weekend, at about 6500 feet. Stepped right over it, didn't even notice it until the GF tells me that I almost bit the big one.

Be careful out there, the snakes are finally starting to show.

RTG
04-30-2012, 07:50 PM
can you share the link & does anyone know anything about behind seven oaks damn ???????? I wont be anywhere near them rattling lil snakes until Nov. LOL

Fishing behind the 7 OD should be tough. Orange County ordered a drawdown of the water. Rapidly dropping water and lots of mud. Not good fishing conditions.

seal
04-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I ran over one today on the way to Silverwood, hope this doesn't cause "bad karma" for me!