PDA

View Full Version : "Bass Thumb" Day at DVL

FrazeIb1
04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Went out today at my favorite lake DVL.....Got to the lake at 8 AM. I took my (5) year old daughter and we had a blast. I caught countless numbers of 2-3 pound LMB in 0-25 feet. I even let my daughter reel in a few fish......Tired of catching small fish (Not complaining), I thought I would get serious and try to make my day one to remember. I fished a few secondary points and that's when I started catching some better fish. Carolina Rig (CR) and Texas Rig (TR) seemed to be the ticket. I fished up-hill, down-hill, and across the points and all methods produced fish. My best LMB was an 8 pounder. I can't believe how big the head was on this fish. If she had not dropped her eggs she would have been a DD easy. This is the time of year when you can catch fish from the skinny water to the deep (Pre-Spawn, Spawn, Post-Spawn) it's transition time...... I have been having good luck this week. This was my 3rd outing this week. Today was the best so far this week. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to fish as DVL as much as I do. My thumb really got a work out today and its chewed up pretty good. I guess you can't really complain about "Bass Thumb".........I guess I will have to tape my thumb if I go fishing tomorrow. I caught several fish that were previously caught and released by other anglers. It's good to know that most DVL Bass Anglers release their fish to fight another day. We should all practice Catch and Release because we all like to get "Bass Thumb". All my fish were released too...... Until next time.....
Tight Lines........

Ifishtoolittle
04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
A bass thumb report and no pics of the collateral damage? lol Sounds like it was a great day out. I sure wish I could be out there.

I even let my daughter reel in a few fish

Is she hooked on the sport now?

Matt_Magnone
04-27-2012, 06:25 PM
awesome man. glad you killed it. its definitely been fun. the day i saw you i was just havin a blast catching all those rats. like you i kinda felt guilty for playin in the kiddy pool; it was just so much fun to screw around without my brain working 1000 miles an hour.

get a picture up on the big one!

CL SmooV
04-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the report Fraze......I have a 4 y/o daughter myself...the best time we spend is always on the water.

tagg27
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Any day on the water with the kids is a good day. Add that you were killing it well that is a day to remember...WTG

HawgZWylde
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Nice job Fraze, Daddy show'n his little Darlin how it's done. That's priceless bro. Tuesday was about the same for us. This lake is just on fire right now. There are fish just about everywhere, it just comes down to choosing what size and or quantity of bass you're after to determine where to fish and what bait they want. Lol, once in a while fish'n in the "kiddy pool" and the non stop adrenalin from non stop stick'n em is something we all must do. It's just good for the soul man. Then go top it off with a fat kicker or three is icing on the cake...

CPT. Kirk
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
It sounds like you guys had a great day. Thanks for the post DVL is also one of my favorite lakes I wish I had time to go. When my kids where younger I took them fishing with me now they are older and talk about those times often. Your daughter will remember those fishing days.
Tight Lines.
www.bassinthehood.com

ddoskocil
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
There he is, it's been a while Fraze. Nice job with the little one. Thanks for the report. My 7 and 5 year olds are okay with fishing, I'm just hoping the 1 year old is THE fisherman!

FrazeIb1
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Posted the pics....really didn't do the Big Girl justice but the memory of her will be locked in my memory bank for a long time. It's not everyday you go out and catch a 8lb LMB.....

FrazeIb1
04-29-2012, 06:23 AM
A bass thumb report and no pics of the collateral damage? lol Sounds like it was a great day out. I sure wish I could be out there.

Is she hooked on the sport now?

Yes, she loves going out with me.......