PDA

View Full Version : ...I got Raped on Diawa Pacific...

k3vin_kim
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Yes, Mother Nature unleashed her fury on me today. It all started when I got to H&M after a 2 1/2 hour drive. I parked my car across the street and headed for the bar. It only takes one beer for me to get sh*t faced but I needed something to take the edge off of driving so long. I had 3 beers in 15 minutes. I was goners.

Met with my party and boarded the Diawa Pacific. Passed out and woke up around 5 AM and it hit me like a frickin brick in the head. 6-8 foot swells ALL DAY LONG. The first thing I did when i woke up was sit down... and then I threw up. I NEVER Throw up~! I had a sip of water and took a dramamine and then I threw that up. I look over at my buddies and some clients throwing up. It was quite comical actually throwing up while looking at each other throwing up.

So anyway, I wake up, throw up and go back to sleep. I open my eyes. It's Noon. NOON on an overnight trip meant i had about 2 hours to fish. I didn't even care. I grab my jig stick ready for the slide. I fall asleep waiting for the trollers to hook up. I fell asleep 3 times under the warm sun.

All I remember thinking was... "I should really get up and start fishing... but I'm afraid it's going to set my stomach off again..." and "Why do I feel so tired? I can't stand up right now even if it breaks wide open bight." It didn't break wide open. 21 guys caught 19 fish. The fishing was so scrappy that the deckhands had to hand off the catches to the party.

Out of 21 guys, 8 threw up. One guy on the top bunk threw up and it landed on the bottom 2 bunks so those guys ended up sleeping in the galley. I feel green again. Peace.

P.S. it's probably safe to say that I don't know how good or bad the food in the galley is on the Diawa Pacific b'cuz I didn't eat anything for 24 hours.

one_leg
08-20-2007, 12:56 AM
If you puke on my bunk, I'll make you trade bunks with me, period!!!!!!!

I am having a hard time seeing any swells in the pics.
I bet you were below decks when the sea was angry that day, my friend.

Sorry you had a rough time.

One_Le

k3vin_kim
08-20-2007, 01:05 AM
yeah it was bad bad bad on the way to the spot. Once we got there we started going with the swells. and by days end the water was calming down. Go fig huh?

Funjunkie74
08-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Hey k3v, is it just my imagination or is the guy in the middle wearing a "paddy hat"?? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/files/bait_dock_150.jpg

FJ74

k3vin_kim
08-20-2007, 08:50 AM
couldn't you make it more realistic than that?? Dude, I'm soooo gonna sport the raiden hat on our 2.5 day. Peace.

08-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Sorry about the skunk Keven....

at least you got into a little action by getting raped... :lol:

christainmetalhead909
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
sorry about the skunk man, better luck on sunday. you and joe just had a bad fishing weekend hu? haha. that sucks. [/quote]

Funjunkie74
08-20-2007, 09:43 AM
couldn't you make it more realistic than that?? Dude, I'm soooo gonna sport the raiden hat on our 2.5 day. Peace.

NOOOO. That's a natural phenomenon! It's in your original picture!!
I didn't put it there!!

FJ74

k3vin_kim
08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
holy crap you're right~! It's a lamp shade that's kinda blurred. LOLOLOLOL

LA Smoker
08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I guess the Koreans didnt fare too well on the motion sickness this weekend. I used to never get sick when I was young but I dont know what happened this weekend.

Sergio Prado
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad trip Kev, it happens to all of us at one point or another. I would never get sick either so I would never take dramamine before a trip, but one day on my own boat on relatively calm seas it happened :shock: started my own chumline litterally, the mackeral were eating that crap up. So now I take dramamine before each and every trip just as a precaution.

jplee3
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad trip Kev, it happens to all of us at one point or another. I would never get sick either so I would never take dramamine before a trip, but one day on my own boat on relatively calm seas it happened :shock: started my own chumline litterally, the mackeral were eating that crap up. So now I take dramamine before each and every trip just as a precaution.

Same here - I don't even know if I get seasick or not! I just take the dramamine and that's it. Actually, on the overnighter I went on with you Kev and FJ74, I was feeling kinda weird on the ride to Catalina and Clemente. I'm pretty sure I would have been hurling off the rail if I hadn't taken my dramamine beforehand. I had to pop one more just in case too :D

Sorry about the skunk. I know exactly how it feels ;)

migfrias
08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
dude that doesn't qualify as a skunk. You were napping all day, it was just a dream. Sorry, to hear about your bad day in bed.

miguel

k3vin_kim
08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Mig. That makes me feel a lot better. He's right you guys, I only fished for like an hour and a half. And it was more like half as$ fishing too.

ghetto dad
08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Funjunkie74
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Whatever makes the pain go away.... :roll:

JapanRon
08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi K3vin_Kim,

That's a trip you'll remember for a looooonnnnnng time. Solid Gold!!

Thanks,

JapanRon

SanDimasLMB
08-21-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm not flaming or making fun of you Kevin but isn't it kinda common sense not to drink alcohol before an overnighter?!?! :lol:

k3vin_kim
08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
well... ehhhh.... that's kinda on the line. I am not a drinker by any means. But After 2 1/2 hours in gridlock, I needed something ANYTHING to give me a head change when I got to the landing. But you're right. I shouldn't have gotten sh*t faced. I shoulda stopped at 1.

BBL2Baja
08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/files/sunrise_591.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bad boat ride. Migfrias is right, it doesn't count as a "fishing" trip. That sucks.

It also sucks running into such rough seas. It looks like the Flemish Cap out there, what is that a sea state of....2? :wink: :wink:
Sorry, I had to rib you just a little... 8)

Again, all kidding aside, that really sucks. And yeah, I agree with One_Leg. You yak on my bunk, we trade.

Later,
Scott

Cabodude
08-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Looks like my home lake. Flat and beautiful!