PDA

View Full Version : quick vid report

Matt_Magnone
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM
after a bunch of reports on the slow bite at diamond, i can assure you the bite is extremely good. the biggest thing right now is to trust your gut and fish in the moment. with warmer weather and a portion of the fish moving off the bed, the fish have been on the chew! i decided to share with you a bite ive been on for the past month on the texas rig. same thing applies; bigger bait; bigger fish as a whole, smaller bait; smaller fish as a whole. was out day before yesterday and had a phenomenal day on the water. rather than trying to target the larger fish i just wanted to have a fun day on the water and catch a ton. wind, rain, sun the fish bit all day.

texas rig
4" plastics
1/8 - 5/16 slide sinker
#1 - 1/0 worm hook
0-15' of water

there's been a lot of stuff working right now for the larger fish. the senko on the tree lines, swimbait and the darthead all doing some damage. i even got some love on the buzzbait and blade. things are definitely looking up. like i said, just wanted to give you guys a tip on a fun little "numbers" bite you can exploit with your kids or family. very easy. have fun!

http://youtu.be/AetMdbdvgAs

hookup
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
thanks for the report dude we've been gettin some pretty good numbers out there to nothing major in quality but the bite is definetly on fire. i got a question on reel repair matt... my spool wont re-engage on my chronarch the newer model... i was wondering how much something like this would cost to have repaired at the shop?

Humper
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I was out there last tuesday, fished up to 8am for stripers with leadcore/flies; got 3. Fished from 8am to 9am at the large cove west of Rawson with a thin senko 6# line for nothing, not a hit. Used to kill the LMB there last year. Fished the points, trees, deep structure. I have done this for about 3 weeks now in different spots around the lake with bigger senkos and Ikas for 0 hits. So for me the LMB bite sucks; thank God for stripers.

ddoskocil
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the update, Matt. Sunday we did just what you said, got 15, all 1-3 #s, all on 4-5 inch stuff. Only threw the bigger stuff occaissionally. I will probably flip it next time, time to find some bigger models. Thanks again.

JG431
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
matt you are my hero :) <3

Matt_Magnone
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I was out there last tuesday, fished up to 8am for stripers with leadcore/flies; got 3. Fished from 8am to 9am at the large cove west of Rawson with a thin senko 6# line for nothing, not a hit. Used to kill the LMB there last year. Fished the points, trees, deep structure. I have done this for about 3 weeks now in different spots around the lake with bigger senkos and Ikas for 0 hits. So for me the LMB bite sucks; thank God for stripers.

there's some good ones in that cove. just make sure you find those "magic" trees. the trees harboring the bigger fish. bank fish are the rats the tree fish are the giants. its really no secret although everyone tries to keep it severely hush. its all about timing, right amount of light penetration and style of baits you're throwing with its correct hardware.

the senko is definitely getting chewed its just a matter of how long you stick with it and where you're casting. dont cast toward the bank. you'll be extremely disappointed. find your cover and make casts down the length of the shore line or out towards deep water trying to hit that one tree or that one rock on the 25yd stretch of bank in front of you. i can guarantee if you target specific pieces of cover on a "whatever" kind of bank you'll be stoked. when you cast, strip off a ton of line and let that bait fall vertically with no tension. if you start working your bait 30-40 seconds after it hits the water, you're jumping the gun. let it sink out even longer. when you get done watching that random boat drive from the launch ramp to antenna point, pick it up and start working it. sometimes you'll be sick to death on how long it takes the bait to fall through the shadow zone that you'll be caught off guard when your rod doubles over. all about the "perfect casts" i will often hit 2 trees on a 100yd stretch of bank. it will take me 5 - 10 minutes a tree but you'll know right away if its worth it. if you dont get bit; come back to it a half hour later.

4-6# floro
#1 gamakatsu split shot drop shot
5" thin senko
watermelon no flk
green pumpkin blk flk
smoke blk flk

hope this helps.
-matt

kingfish2
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Any chance guys are having luck from shore?

Matt_Magnone
04-27-2012, 08:45 PM
i have no doubt of it. one of my customers has been doing pretty well on fish up to 6 pounds. plenty of fish to go around. fish are in transition with all 3 stages going on right now. if you're kicking around the idea to get up there, definitely go for it.

kingfish2
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info I was gunna try to get Into an afternoon bite tomorrow after work.

Humper
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
there's some good ones in that cove. just make sure you find those "magic" trees. the trees harboring the bigger fish. bank fish are the rats the tree fish are the giants. its really no secret although everyone tries to keep it severely hush. its all about timing, right amount of light penetration and style of baits you're throwing with its correct hardware.

the senko is definitely getting chewed its just a matter of how long you stick with it and where you're casting. dont cast toward the bank. you'll be extremely disappointed. find your cover and make casts down the length of the shore line or out towards deep water trying to hit that one tree or that one rock on the 25yd stretch of bank in front of you. i can guarantee if you target specific pieces of cover on a "whatever" kind of bank you'll be stoked. when you cast, strip off a ton of line and let that bait fall vertically with no tension. if you start working your bait 30-40 seconds after it hits the water, you're jumping the gun. let it sink out even longer. when you get done watching that random boat drive from the launch ramp to antenna point, pick it up and start working it. sometimes you'll be sick to death on how long it takes the bait to fall through the shadow zone that you'll be caught off guard when your rod doubles over. all about the "perfect casts" i will often hit 2 trees on a 100yd stretch of bank. it will take me 5 - 10 minutes a tree but you'll know right away if its worth it. if you dont get bit; come back to it a half hour later.

4-6# floro
#1 gamakatsu split shot drop shot
5" thin senko
watermelon no flk
green pumpkin blk flk
smoke blk flk

hope this helps.
-matt

Thanks Matt, I'll dedicate this thursday to LMB keepeing that in mind. This year it's different because the trees i fished last year are shallower and decaying. If i fish from opening to 10am I should do better. I'm fishing watermelon wit bk flake primarely.