PDA

View Full Version : Flats booties review

Socal Bassman
08-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, I decided to pick up a pair of these World Wide flats booties the last time I was at BPS. The main reason for picking them up is because the old pair of boots I were using was creating a pinch point on top of my foot on the upstroke. Not to mention they were increasingly uncomfortable during prolonged use, causing foot cramps.

After trying them out yesterday, let me tell you that this is probably the best $20 I've spent (when it comes to tubing anyways). They have a neoprene upper and a hard bottom sole. They zip up on the side which makes it easy to get your foot in and out of as well as a velcro hook and loop closure on top to keep sand from getting in. It even has a raised part on the back to ensure your fins don't slip off. They're light, comfortable, and kept my feet safe when walking on sand, rocks, and that hot pavement. The only drawback I found was that it doesn't have enough traction for walking on wet rocks. Then again, I don't plan on launching from or landing on rip rap anytime soon.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/booties.jpg

Mark S.
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the review. I was on the fence about purchasing these and now I believe I'll pull the trigger.

tacklejunkie
08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear they worked out good for ya SB.
I had a pair in black from BPS, but had to return them as they were too small to fit over my waders. (got the wrong size, and all the other sizes were out of stock) I ended up with the $30 ones from sport chalet..

Socal Bassman
08-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I know what you mean. I wanted them in black, but they didn't have the size I was looking for in black. So I ended up with these tan colored ones. I'm sure they'll fit over my waders (when I get a pair) since I could almost use these as flippers LOL. The ones you got from Sport Chalet is cool too, but seems like the price went up. They're $40 now.

tacklejunkie
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Sport challet is a trip like that..
They have sales all the time, but don't mark the goods. I bought my first caddis tube over there. The box wasn't marked on sale, so I thought I Was going to pay $70 for it, but it came out to $60 at the register..