PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake VS Fish Report

troutman3
04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Spent the weekend at Hesperia Lake after reading the fish report now I understand that things change but when only three trout are caught and the fish report says the fishing is excellent does this border on fraud. As tight as things are right now $15.00 to watch your pole all day seems like a ripoff.

CrownTown
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Spent the weekend at Hesperia Lake after reading the fish report now I understand that things change but when only three trout are caught and the fish report says the fishing is excellent does this border on fraud. As tight as things are right now $15.00 to watch your pole all day seems like a ripoff.

That's how pay lakes are sometimes. Fishing can be WIDE OPEN, or you can go all day without a bite. There are a bunch of fish in there, but they have to be in the mood for what you're throwing their way. It also makes it hard right now that we are in between seasons.

seal
04-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I know of a wide open bite there earlier in the week. Water is warmer fish head for different spots, think oxygen.

boxl0bster
04-26-2012, 05:23 PM
HAHA every pay lake is on fire ALL the time. i don't recommend taking those fishing "reports" too seriously.

Fish Dog
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
If you're reading reports from individuals on here, or another board such as this, they are probably a lot more accurate then a report from lake staff or management that has a stake ($$$) in whether or not people come to fish the lake.

Cuzzin Vinny
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
I've had the same experience the last 3 times I've made the long trip up there. They claim the bite is hot yet no one is catching fish. That lake used to be good fishing 5 or 6 years ago.

J-Dub
04-29-2012, 09:01 AM
i just went there last nigt...4/28/12 and caught one catfish...i fished the 1-10pm shift. from where i was fishing from i only saw three fish caught the whole time i was there

seal
04-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Ok since it's getting to the end and we might as well catch all the trout we can before they die, fish where the water is coming in, it's cooler and more oxygen they migrate there this time of the year.

Trout Assasin
04-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Ok since it's getting to the end and we might as well catch all the trout we can before they die, fish where the water is coming in, it's cooler and more oxygen they migrate there this time of the year.

So true Seal. On 4/24 I spent the day at Hesperia fishing the drain and the inlet. It was good and the fish were all of quality size.