PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake 4/26/12

t3rry
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Got on the lake at 9:30ish left around 2:30.

A lot of bass in the water but it seems its been about a week since they laid eggs so they won't even bother with any type of presentation. I saw 1 bass being pulled from the lake, I would prolly say the length of a 2lb'er with the belly of a 10 ! Fattest bass in terms of proportion, I've ever seen. Other than that, I asked over 10 ppl that were fishing for bass and it's funny how all of them claim " couple " hehe.

Any of you planning to head out to Legg Lake I would prolly advise against it. They won't even eat the 7inch trouts that were stocked that swam right in front of them.

XMrxSEAUx
04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
At least you gave it a shot at one of the most pressured City Park Lakes lol

t3rry
04-26-2012, 10:37 AM
lol yea, running into 10 + bass fishermen using plastic worms. I can only imagine how much of the same repetitive crap they see. The only lure I left out yesterday was the lure I probably should have taken. It helped me before in similar conditions as yesterdays. I honestly went out thinking it was going to rain but I got duped by the damn weather report again!

fish4keep
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
is this a live report? it's not 2:30 yet..............

t3rry
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
4/25/12 my bad

smokehound
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
You should really go much earlier or later. Bass fishing is best at night IMO.

Especially in lakes where the dominant forage is crayfish, which are nocturnal.

TUNAVIC
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
It's all about consistency with that lake IMO,in the past 3weeks,I've been there probably nine times,each time I've only fished 1-3hrs,now I'm not saying I killed em but I did catch a few.
The total of those nine days was,8 LMB,largest was 6lbs,rest were between,1-3lbs,believe me theres alot of guys who go there who catch many more fish than I,there the kind of guys who go almost everyday,and just keep casting and casting.
Never stay in one spot,when I go,I walk to the most distant part I plan on fishing,on the way there I will throw a bait I have confidence in but probably not my favorite.
Then on the way back I will put on my favorite go to bait a ....,and I will throw that over all the area I've already covered on my way back to the parking lot.
I go often because the lakes only minutes from my house,it's by far not mt favorite lake but with the gas situation,you gotta do what you gotta do,so all I can suggest is keep casting!

Cya Tuna Vic

t3rry
04-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for your inputs guys. I would love to fish that lake more often but it's about 30~35 minutes away and seeing as how my car sucks with fuel economy it's starting to get cheaper to pay for entry at the lakes nearby! isn't that sad?

smokinflies
04-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Damn, the trout are still around. :Shocked:

lol yea, running into 10 + bass fishermen using plastic worms. I can only imagine how much of the same repetitive crap they see. The only lure I left out yesterday was the lure I probably should have taken. It helped me before in similar conditions as yesterdays. I honestly went out thinking it was going to rain but I got duped by the damn weather report again!

Yup, many anglers visit the park daily, and hit the same spots. On weekends it's like being on a golf course.

Thanks for your inputs guys. I would love to fish that lake more often but it's about 30~35 minutes away and seeing as how my car sucks with fuel economy it's starting to get cheaper to pay for entry at the lakes nearby! isn't that sad?

It's sad that you drive 35 minutes to fish Legg Lake.

t3rry
04-28-2012, 11:32 PM
It's sad that you drive 35 minutes to fish Legg Lake.

Care to explain why you would call someones attempt to fish an unfamiliar body of water sad?

bassfishing24/7
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey terry persistance will pay off,im very happy to say that i have finally broken my skunkfest there catching a couple of decent bass and even one catfish :)