04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Took a run at the lagoon…

Got TWO Strikes

Landed TWO Fish

Tuff getting something going but managed to land one real nice fat Peeg

Drag Peeeeeeeela’ on 8lb test.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2579/lagoonhawg2012425122.jpg
By feelthesteel (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/feelthesteel) at 2012-04-26

Dropshot roboworm did the dastardly deed !

Good to revisit my ol’ Lagoon Mossback friends…

Till next time,
Gary

P.S.
The other fish was a dank….didn’t bother with a pic.

david4u18
04-26-2012, 11:53 AM
nice..... night fishing seems to be good there also... any tips about fishing after the sun goes down

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
nice..... night fishing seems to be good there also... any tips about fishing after the sun goes down

Fish slow

Use scent

5” to 6” plastics

Fish Hard

Think Positive

All in all it’s really not all that different than that of day fishing…just the fish will let their guard down a little more than daylight….

There’s no secret methods really, just must fish ur arse off..

Once the water temps drastically increase their metabolisms will speed up and you’ll be able to have a faster attack but most bigger fish at this time of season are still transition from their winter pattern so slow is key right now…

Pound some zones don’t stay in one spot for real long till you find activity…

Again not much different from daytime..

Last but not least….don’t be walking around with your headlight shining everywhere….

STEALTH….

Be Quiet..

1 ˝’ tag end on your dropshot…..2’ when weed growth drastically increases…

Also fish some senko’s when vegetation does not allow dropshot but that time is still far off (that will happen when water temps are much higher….)

I’ve only been out twice for those fish this season and I’ve landed fish on both the drop and senko…

When that happens fish the “Trash” the grass….even better the hydrilla that will produce much valued oxygen….

Oxygen is not a huge problem as of yet but as water gets real hot the water will become oxygen depleted…those are the scenarios where the vegetation will be crucial as it produces much needed oxygen…

Fish it…..fish it hard….POUND IT !

Hope this helps you…

Good luck,
Gary

Coefficient13
04-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Nice fish, good job on them nocturnals.

dkinla
04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Wow that's a beauty! 2 for 2 is awesome!

david4u18
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I really apprecate it gary. what colors at night do you prefer and what do you mean by 1.5 inch tags

Hitts0n
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
See any Co0nz out there ? Lol nice lmb !! Congrats

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I really apprecate it gary. what colors at night do you prefer and what do you mean by 1.5 inch tags

U can talk to many others and I’m sure they will tell you different…

BUT in my personal experience from fishing that lake for years…

Color…..DOESNT MATTER….

AS LONG AS IT'S BLACK !

Ahhhh ha ha ha….just messin’ with you…

Actually I really feel it’s not that crucial at night but I clearly have my go to confidence colors…

Robos:
Arrons magic
Oxblood w/red flake
Blue crawler
Warmouth

Senko:
Watermelon
Baby Bass
Pumpkin w blue flake
June bug

Just about any color not on this list will produce though if you have the right presentation at the right depth….and of course the right spot.

1 ˝’ “Tag end” is the “tag end of the drop shot rig…meaning how much line drops below the hook where you tie the weight on

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4430/dropshotrig.jpg
By feelthesteel (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/feelthesteel) at 2012-04-26

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
See any Co0nz out there ? Lol nice lmb !! Congrats

THEY WERE CALLING YOU HITT'S....But I bet you were hidin in the car again !

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
1 1/2 FOOT not inches

david4u18
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
man your awesome gary... thank you so much....last question and i will shut up.... what time was that at

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
man your awesome gary... thank you so much....last question and i will shut up.... what time was that at

Time isn’t that crucial either unless ur fishin daytime then it would be early and late…

Nightime is just the “rightime”

If you must know it was about midnight.

U can catch fish all month long though but what U really should be payin attention to is the moon phases and the barometric pressure fluxuations…

Really the barometer was fluxing hard last night but it was at the forefront of the storm and that actually sometimes serves as a wild card ..

The fish sense heavy fluxing of the barometric pressures and triggers them to strike (sometimes) it doesn’t always pan out but those are the things I pay special attention to..

STILL with ALL that being said…theres no substitution for just flat out getting out there and fish…

Time on the water equals fish as I always say..

CL SmooV
04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Boom! Another Sewin Machine production!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Boom! Another Sewin Machine production!

Feel the steel stitch and twitch

Sewing machine productions catch da’ fish

Gotta fish…got the itch

Drag peela deluxe..Catch that Biaaaaatch

Need mo’ of that action

That bendo makes me go schwing

Nothing pleases me more ta do that fishin’ thang’

Cast that lure…stitch that bait

Anutha’ hookup’s comin’

JUST CAN’T WAIT !

verbalhologram
04-27-2012, 05:33 PM
nice, going to do some night fishing tomorrow or sunday. I was talking to someone at sport chalet and he recommended me a scent but I forgot what it was, I just remember him telling me not get the shad scent, can you recommend a good scent?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
nice, going to do some night fishing tomorrow or sunday. I was talking to someone at sport chalet and he recommended me a scent but I forgot what it was, I just remember him telling me not get the shad scent, can you recommend a good scent?

SMELLY JELLY

SHad flavor is my favorite

2nd is Crawdad

Sport Chalet guy must be a noob those are tried and true for YEARS