PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Opener 2012

LittleJigger96
04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
So who is going to the opener this year? It's only 2 days away and I can't wait to be out there in the fresh air catching some bows. What lake are you going to start off at? What other ones are you going to go to? Post up your pictures to at the end of your trip and I will do same as well. I will be at convict till 8 am then moving to a lot of other lakes looking to ice fish.

hookintrout
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
im going to camp and fish june lake, gull lake, and silverlake. Then on monday going down to convict and crowley. This is my first opener! 2 more DAys!

LittleJigger96
04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Awsome I will head onto those lakes later on in the day on Saturday. I always start at convict because its a tradition and my favorite lake.

SierraPeaks
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
So who is going to the opener this year? It's only 2 days away and I can't wait to be out there in the fresh air catching some bows. What lake are you going to start off at? What other ones are you going to go to? Post up your pictures to at the end of your trip and I will do same as well. I will be at convict till 8 am then moving to a lot of other lakes looking to ice fish.

Don't expect to do any ice fishing this year. Almost all the high lakes are basically ice free (first time in 20 years for the opener) Even South Lake and Rock Creek have already prohibited ice fishing for the opener due to extremely thin ice. But the fishing is going to be epic. The fish have been feeding for months and are already top watered.