PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Question

OCfishermen
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey i have been ocean fishing before but ive never tried surf fishing, so i want to try it this weekend. Anyone willing to share some tips or places to try??? i would like to go to newport or huntington if possible thanks in advance..

FrankTheTank
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey i have been ocean fishing before but ive never tried surf fishing, so i want to try it this weekend. Anyone willing to share some tips or places to try??? i would like to go to newport or huntington if possible thanks in advance..

Newport is pretty good. I just keep it simple, go with a Carolina set up with a 1/2 barrel weight, with a 16" leader, and a hook big enough to hook one of those sand crabs you can find in the shore sand and go at it. Cast it our over the waves and start reeling it in about 3 spins and then bounce your rod up about 3 times till your rod is pointing up and repeat till you either get a bite or bring it to shore. just keep that sand crab moving and you get bites from Perch, Corbina, Shark, and Halibut. Hope that helps and good luck.