PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful day, with a beautiful woman. APR 25th

Mr_Dunev
04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I'll try not to make this too long, but no promises :LOL:

Last week I had some success in my pursuit of Halibut, which inspired my GF Tammy, to come with me and try and land her first 'butt. We also have alot to celebrate this week; Tammy signed up for classes at "Le Cordon Bleu" which means bringing me leftovers every day, and lots of new fish recipes. We also found a house in the Tujunga area, which is a breath of fresh air since we had been looking for several months, trying to figure out which ones were craigslist scams. The cherry on top? My invitation to SWAT :Big Smile:

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0362.jpg

So Tammy and I decided to go on a fishing date :Romance:(my favorite kind) and hopefully get her on her first hali, and give me a chance to start my SWAT challenge. We hit the beach before 0600, to find absolutely PERFECT conditions. Tons of bait in the water, birds diving, dolphins swimming, and sea lions doing whatever it is they do. I gave her a little instruction on how to spot holes, where the fish were going to be hiding, gave her the correct color lure and told her to take lead. As we started working our way north, tide was dropping, and we were able to stand out 30yrds and work the water 360 degrees. I instantly noticed lots of juvenile leo's and SNGF cruising the shallows. We even spooked a school of SNGF that sent about 10 BIG rushing out to open water. We stop at a hole, and start attacking it from both sides. After a few minutes I get my first bite, and my first thought is "OH YEAH" a nice hali to start the day:Thumbs Up: He was a good little fighter, and the constant head shakes were showing he was a going to be nice. As I got him into the white wash I was surprised to find a little SNGF tail snagged. :mad: But at least I got the skunk off.

0641 Skunk Buster
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0361.jpg

We continued heading north in search of more fish. After a while of walking, casting, walking casting. I hear tammy shout "I just saw a big Halibut!!!" I haven't seen one get spooked before, I am used to dirty water, but sure enough a MONSTER halibut cruises by me. I frantically start casting toward it, knowing that this could be my SWAT challenge fish!:Big Grin: I cast in the area he went for about 10 min, but he wasn't in the mood. We found another hole, and started to work it again, and after a few minutes "Fish On" Tammy looks at me with this face :mad: HAHAHAHA. I quickly pull in another SNGF roughly the same size as the last one.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0363.jpg

I send it back, while Tammy is still fishing the hole. I step up to bat, send my first cast into it and get SLAMMED!!! I have never felt anything like it, and it takes off burning drag and makes a huge run south. My heart is thumping, and I can feel head shakes, with short powerful bursts and all I can think is PLEEEAAASE BE A HALIBUT!!! Unfortunately after about 5 min, I know it's not I have never seen a fish with this much energy. I decide to crank down on my drag, because I want this guy in. Luckily I had just put on brand new ST41 hooks (I think), and I didn't think they were going to give out on me. After 20 min of tug of war, I finally get him in close prepared to see my first leo, but am surprised when I see I hooked another SNGF tail :Evil: During the battle, some Japanese surfers, who didn't speak a lick of English, came over to watch the fight. I finally grab him by the tail, pick him up and start carrying him out of the white wash, when he FLIPS OUT! I try to hold on but he wiggles free, falls, and on the way down one of my hooks catches my thumb and SLICES it at the base on my palm side. He then takes off again another 40yrds out to the ocean. I crank down my drag even tighter, and decide screw it I am going to muscle this jerk in. Mean while my thumb is pumping blood, but fortunately no pain. I get him back on land, dragging him this time, and take a few pics before sending him off. I even handed the fish to the surfers, and took a pic with their camera so they could bring home fond memories.

0720 Even after all that, the thing still wouldn't stop moving, so one of the surfers was nice enough to help me hold him down.
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0364.jpg
Close up. My PB by a little over 1"
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/screen-capture-2.jpg
TRIUMPH
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0366.jpg
Surfers also took a picture for us.
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0367.jpg

As I am putting my phone away I see the life guard and she is nice enough to sterilize it, add some iodine, and bandage it up:Thumbs Up: We work our way up the beach until about 0900 and decide to start heading back. On the way back I see tons of Corbina, and try to burn my lure in front of them (I remember Marc) to entice some action, but they would have none of it. We stop at the last hole before the parking lot, and Tammy is in SERIOUS mode working every inch of it. I move off 10 yrds and let her work her magic. After about 10min she calls out "I think I'm snagged" She is using 8 or 10lbs test, so I tell her not to pull on it I'll see if I can fix it. I walk take her rod start reeling, and It feels like a big chunk of kelp at first. I reel in more slowly working with the waves, and all of a sudden a Corbina floats belly up with the hook in his side. As soon as he hits the surface he takes off and comes back to life. I quickly hand the rod back to her, and she fights it in. Unfortunately it becomes unbuttoned 5 feet away. She was heartbroken since it was going to be her first fish on an artificial lure. It was also going to be a new species for both of us. Hopefully this makes her want to come out more, since we had such a great time. Next time lets hope the fish are hungry, and not just clumsily running into our lures :LOL:

Here is a picture of my lure after the SNGF fight. The Middle Treble hook is what they are SUPPOSED to look like
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/tammyn77/IMG_0368.jpg

Sorry turned out a bit longer than anticipated.
Thanks for reading,
Lucas

SP Dan
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Congrat's Lucas on "Day 1" of your SWAT Challenge! :Thumbs Up:

What a fun day in the salt for you and your wonderful GF Tammy!
First of all....Congratulations Tammy on your almost first new species from the surf! WTG!!
Keep at it....it will happen very soon for you....and besides ....you have a seasoned BF friend that can show you the ropes! :Thumbs Up:

Lucas.... my lil" fishing buddy!... What can I say..............:Beer Toast:

What a great first day....with a skunk buster also...no doubt!
Some of my absolute best fights in the past have been with Leo's, SNGF, Stripped Bass and of course....EX's! :LOL: ha ha ha!
In my avatar....I'm holding the same species (SB) which was my SWAT Challenge entry fish into the Brotherhood! I've never fished so hard!!

I remember the day that I beached my first Stripped Bass and met my challenge :Dancing Banana:.....I called you on your cell and you were at RAT, I drove right over and I had to show you it's pic's! I was so jazzed....and you know I was... and saw it in me!
Well ....that's how it will be for you......a BIG :Big Smile: GRIN from ear to ear! I expect you to drive over and find me so that I can see the pic's before you post...ok!?! Just kidding! ha ha ha!

I was extremely excited for you, once I heard that the SWAT Central Command had selected you to become apart of our Brotherhood!
We have all watched you from your early stages.... when you would post reports of your all-nighters at the piers with bait-and-wait tactics.......and then up to where you have progressed with your fishing skills of today. You have really grown my friend! :Thumbs Up:

You and I have shared many beaches and hours together in search of the giants and if there is I thing that I truly know about you........It's that you do believe in the possibilities, you continuously push on, fish hard and that you really enjoy putting in the time... in the surf!
I have personally observed you putting in hour-upon-hour of fishing, at times....getting slammed up against walls by huge breakers, through some of the toughest, painful conditions that Poseidon could throw at you (us) and still you pushed on! We are cut from the same cloth because of how we believe..........it goes sorta like this......"I know that if I can cast... just one more time.........."!BELIEVE!

I believe in my heart that your SWAT Challenge entry fish is really close by.....soon brotha.....very soon....very close!
I can't wait to hear that you have achieved your goal, met the challenge and to welcome you as a new SWAT brother! What a report that will be!!

Give me a call when you want to hook it up again in the salt...lil' buddy! :Wink:

Never stop believing brotha! We believe in you. :Cool:

SWAT....SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Just a warm up...I'm sure pay dirt is coming soon!:Wink:

Wingnut
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Those Shovelnose, aka Mr. Wiggles has fooled me many times into thinking that I had a monster Halibut on the end of my line. Such a heartbreak when you finally see one come out of the surf. :Evil: I remember a couple of years ago, Mike (Bones) and I snagged over dozen of them in one session up in Santa Barbara. They must be in spawning mode or something. I had to replace the hooks on 4 or 5 of my LC's when I got home. :Angry:
Yes, be very careful when fighting these foul-hooked fish. Sometimes the LC comes off when you're least expected. Mike found out the hard way one time when the hook came loose from the tail, comes flying back at him and buried into his finger. I had to pull the hook all the way through his finger and clipped off the barb. :mad: I've been pretty lucky so far and never had a hook go deep past the barb, thank Goodness. :Razz:

Thanks for giving me text updates of your progress today. I was bummed when I heard that Tammy lost her Corbina. :Neutral: But no worries, she will get many more chances. That is if she is willing to get up at 5:00am and go fishing, lol
Did she tell you the goal I set for her first Halibut? :LOL:

Lucas, take your time and have fun with the "Challenge." I'm sure we will see a "Mission Accomplished" report from you very soon. :Big Grin:

DockRat
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
WTG Lucas and Tammy. No pics of the hand ?
DR

blackwater
04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
The mission has begun... Good luck soldier! :Big Grin:

The Flat Fish of the wrong kind, but you got our SWAT Commander's rod eating pose down perfectly though. :Wink:

kastmaster1337
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Nice Shovel nose Lucas! Those tractors are always fun at that size especially on light tackle. Cool and nice report.

Tammyn77
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Ah, I was so heart broken when I lost that fish :Crying: but I can not put into words how excited I was once i figured out it wasn't actually snagged and it was a fish! It was amazing and I hope to do it again, but this time not let the fish get away!
Fishing dates are the best:Big Grin:

dlmoo312
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Great job on the sngf, even though its not what you were after it is still a PB! I'm happy to hear that your gf was able to hook onto a fish. I know a few friends I tried to introduce to fishing were discouraged after experiencing the skunk on their first outing :Rolls Eyes: but every true fisherman knows its all about persistence! Congrats on receiving the SWAT invitation, I have a feeling you're going to be posting up many more reports in the near future! Goodluck!

-Daniel

Armofisher818
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice bro good luck on the swar challenge your reports are always sick!

Which Way Out
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
First things first, I want to see the Blood.....:No Pity:

So you got her out of the house early.
Way to go Tammy. It's funny, once in a while I can get Noriko out early and she always says, "Its so cool and nice" The early mornings outside are rare for her. I think its the best time of the day, although I am guilty of not getting out as much as I should.

So you hooked a Corbina did ya? That's so cool. We see them near the pier here from time to time, but they don't go for the LC's much if at all.

I can't what to see what you come up with from the Cordon Bleu. I suggested the food pic's should be a SWAT category awhile back. So if you can post some photos of your efforts that would be great... Might be hard to do unless you can make SN look and taste good. That's more of a Jab at Lucas. He might be on a SN funk for awhile. It's all part of the master plan.hehehhehe.

Lucas, did you think I forgot about you? No way, Mr Wiggles has your name now. Smacked you with your own lure. That sucks for sure. You should go get a Tetnis shot like I said today on the phone.
Anyway nice bunch of SN for your efforts today. Get your hooks replaced and retie your knots, they will still be there waiting for you.:Twisted:

Like Bones said in the other post, "let the hazing begin"

Good luck Buddy and try not to get Tammy hurt:LOL:
WWO

jinbow
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Great work out there. 20 minutes of fighting, dang, that fish is tough.
Too bad your girlfriend lost that fish, hope to see her 1st fish from the sand soon.
So the TIE is your signature dress code now. hahah..
Congratulations for the SWAT invitation. I remember you just started surf fishing like last year right.
Wow, you are doing everything the right way. You definitely earned it with the hard work you put in. In your pace, you will probably be one of the quickest to complete the SWAT tasks.
See you on the surf again.

jerryG
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the report Lucas. Cool that your girl came out to fish with you as well. Next time you see those corbs swimming around if you can't get them go on the LC try a crocodile. Throw it past the corbs and wind it past them on a fast retrieve. They will eat the LC at times but they seem to like the chrome croc better than the hard bait. Stick with the fast presentation. When they commit they are going to hit it like a freight train. Keep at it Lucas I anticipate you will have that SWAT fish and a new personal best halibut real soon.

JerryG

smokehound
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
cool, a banded guitarfish. havent seen one of those in quite a while. =) Those usually get bigger than the normal guitars.

lip rippin sob
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Way to go dude. Your weekday reports kill me, don't you work???Jezzzz!!!

bloox8
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Those shovel nose are no joke. I had one of my best fights on a shovel nose.

Congrats on the hook Tammy. Too bad you messed up... JK JK :LOL:!! You'll definitely land something soon enough, especially if you are fishing with Lucas.

Lol! He is at work. Dont you see his tie?? I wish I did this for a living :Sad:

Mr_Dunev
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM

First of all....Congratulations Tammy on your almost first new species from the surf! WTG!!
Keep at it....it will happen very soon for you....and besides ....you have a seasoned BF friend that can show you the ropes! :Thumbs Up:

Lucas.... my lil" fishing buddy!... What can I say..............:Beer Toast:

What a great first day....with a skunk buster also...no doubt!
Some of my absolute best fights in the past have been with Leo's, SNGF, Stripped Bass and of course....EX's! :LOL: ha ha ha!
In my avatar....I'm holding the same species (SB) which was my SWAT Challenge entry fish into the Brotherhood! I've never fished so hard!!

I remember the day that I beached my first Stripped Bass and met my challenge :Dancing Banana:.....I called you on your cell and you were at RAT, I drove right over and I had to show you it's pic's! I was so jazzed....and you know I was... and saw it in me!
Well ....that's how it will be for you......a BIG :Big Smile: GRIN from ear to ear! I expect you to drive over and find me so that I can see the pic's before you post...ok!?! Just kidding! ha ha ha!

I was extremely excited for you, once I heard that the SWAT Central Command had selected you to become apart of our Brotherhood!
We have all watched you from your early stages.... when you would post reports of your all-nighters at the piers with bait-and-wait tactics.......and then up to where you have progressed with your fishing skills of today. You have really grown my friend! :Thumbs Up:

You and I have shared many beaches and hours together in search of the giants and if there is I thing that I truly know about you........It's that you do believe in the possibilities, you continuously push on, fish hard and that you really enjoy putting in the time... in the surf!
I have personally observed you putting in hour-upon-hour of fishing, at times....getting slammed up against walls by huge breakers, through some of the toughest, painful conditions that Poseidon could throw at you (us) and still you pushed on! We are cut from the same cloth because of how we believe..........it goes sorta like this......"I know that if I can cast... just one more time.........."!BELIEVE!

I believe in my heart that your SWAT Challenge entry fish is really close by.....soon brotha.....very soon....very close!
I can't wait to hear that you have achieved your goal, met the challenge and to welcome you as a new SWAT brother! What a report that will be!!

Give me a call when you want to hook it up again in the salt...lil' buddy! :Wink:

Never stop believing brotha! We believe in you. :Cool:

SWAT....SP Dan <"))><

Aww man, why do you have to speak from the heart!?! Now i have to!

Since the day I met you back in December, you treated me as an equal, and I instantly considered you a friend. That day with you, John and Stan was the day I landed my first 'butt, and then my first legal. You were supportive, and encouraging. Having people like you to share my passion with make the sport that much better. And yes I will never forget the day you drove down, smiling ear-to-ear ready to show me your Mission Accomplished Fish. Although I am sure Arthur and Mike would like to know first, I might have to drive down and show you the pic in person hahaha. Before I get too sentimental, let me just say it's been a pleasure fishing with you. You truly have kept me going.

Thanks, and I hope we fish again soon,
Lucas

Just a warm up...I'm sure pay dirt is coming soon!:Wink:

Yes it is! Gold and Fish! hahaha

Those Shovelnose, aka Mr. Wiggles has fooled me many times into thinking that I had a monster Halibut on the end of my line. Such a heartbreak when you finally see one come out of the surf. :Evil: I remember a couple of years ago, Mike (Bones) and I snagged over dozen of them in one session up in Santa Barbara. They must be in spawning mode or something. I had to replace the hooks on 4 or 5 of my LC's when I got home. :Angry:
Yes, be very careful when fighting these foul-hooked fish. Sometimes the LC comes off when you're least expected. Mike found out the hard way one time when the hook came loose from the tail, comes flying back at him and buried into his finger. I had to pull the hook all the way through his finger and clipped off the barb. :mad: I've been pretty lucky so far and never had a hook go deep past the barb, thank Goodness. :Razz:

Thanks for giving me text updates of your progress today. I was bummed when I heard that Tammy lost her Corbina. :Neutral: But no worries, she will get many more chances. That is if she is willing to get up at 5:00am and go fishing, lol

Lucas, take your time and have fun with the "Challenge." I'm sure we will see a "Mission Accomplished" report from you very soon. :Big Grin:

It was frustrating, seeing the tail come up. But I know Poseidon is just testing me, making sure I can handle the monster hali, when he sends one my way. Mike told me a story (not sure if its the same one) about running to a gas station, scaring someone half to death, as he asked them to pull it out for him :ROFL: Although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time. I was bummed Tammy lost it too, but I think it gave her a little kick in the 'butt to come out more often, and spend some time on the sand.

I think Tammy and I should change goals for our halibuts :Big Smile: Common what do you say!? hahaha

I'll keep you updated with my progress, as usual. Hopefully tomorrow there wont be any :Rain:
Best,
Lucas

WTG Lucas and Tammy. No pics of the hand ?
DR
I thought about it, but then I felt kind of weird asking the LG to stop helping me so I could take a snap shot haha. Next time I have a bloody wound, I will post graphic pictures for you. And maybe I'll bring one of those SNGF and try out your recipe :Food:

The mission has begun... Good luck soldier! :Big Grin:

The Flat Fish of the wrong kind, but you got our SWAT Commander's rod eating pose down perfectly though. :Wink:

Haha, I didn't know it was HIS pose! I have been researching some new 'hali hunting methods from Singapore and Japan, and they all seem to do it. If I'm going to try the techniques why not try the pose? :Big Smile:
Thanks,
Lucas

Nice Shovel nose Lucas! Those tractors are always fun at that size especially on light tackle. Cool and nice report.

I wasn't using light tackle, but it still was fun! glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks

Ah, I was so heart broken when I lost that fish :Crying: but I can not put into words how excited I was once i figured out it wasn't actually snagged and it was a fish! It was amazing and I hope to do it again, but this time not let the fish get away!
Fishing dates are the best:Big Grin:

Your always saying you want to go on more dates, well now we both can come to an agreement. Like you said "Fishing dates are the best":Fishing Hole:
Wake up early more often, and you can catch lots of fish!

Great job on the sngf, even though its not what you were after it is still a PB! I'm happy to hear that your gf was able to hook onto a fish. I know a few friends I tried to introduce to fishing were discouraged after experiencing the skunk on their first outing :Rolls Eyes: but every true fisherman knows its all about persistence! Congrats on receiving the SWAT invitation, I have a feeling you're going to be posting up many more reports in the near future! Goodluck!

-Daniel
I have a few friends, who I took out once, and thats it for them :Confused: It's true persistence is definitely extremely important. Spending a day with my gal was great, and the new PB made it better. Thanks for the encouragement, looking forward to what the future holds!
Best,
Lucas

Nice bro good luck on the swat challenge your reports are always sick!
Thanks man,
Glad you enjoy them, I'll try to catch something nice soon, and post it up.
Best

Way to go Tammy. It's funny, once in a while I can get Noriko out early and she always says, "Its so cool and nice" The early mornings outside are rare for her. I think its the best time of the day, although I am guilty of not getting out as much as I should.

So you hooked a Corbina did ya? That's so cool. We see them near the pier here from time to time, but they don't go for the LC's much if at all.

I can't what to see what you come up with from the Cordon Bleu. I suggested the food pic's should be a SWAT category awhile back. So if you can post some photos of your efforts that would be great... Might be hard to do unless you can make SN look and taste good. That's more of a Jab at Lucas. He might be on a SN funk for awhile. It's all part of the master plan.hehehhehe.

Lucas, did you think I forgot about you? No way, Mr Wiggles has your name now. Smacked you with your own lure. That sucks for sure. You should go get a Tetnis shot like I said today on the phone.
Anyway nice bunch of SN for your efforts today. Get your hooks replaced and retie your knots, they will still be there waiting for you.:Twisted:

Like Bones said in the other post, "let the hazing begin"

Good luck Buddy and try not to get Tammy hurt
WWO

It's funny how much we can enjoy the mornings, but when it comes down to waking up. The mornings don't seem as important as the warmth of our beds haha. I know she hooked one when I have been trying for months! She may have a little angler blood hidden in her waiting to come out. I will be sure to post lots of her food pics, including all the recipe's of the good ones :LOL: Just kidding! They are all good!
Tetnis Shemtnis, I just wanna fish! hahaha. But if I come down with anything you can be the first to say "I told you so"
Hooks are replaced, and my knots are retied everytime :Wink:
Have fun in the desert, I look forward to hearing some new off-roading stories.

Great work out there. 20 minutes of fighting, dang, that fish is tough.
Too bad your girlfriend lost that fish, hope to see her 1st fish from the sand soon.
So the TIE is your signature dress code now. hahah..
Congratulations for the SWAT invitation. I remember you just started surf fishing like last year right.
Wow, you are doing everything the right way. You definitely earned it with the hard work you put in. In your pace, you will probably be one of the quickest to complete the SWAT tasks.
See you on the surf again.

Yeah it was long, and by the end of it I just wanted it over! Thanks for your support, if you still want that pic I took for you, just shoot me a PM, you could use it for your profile pic. It was great seeing you again this week. 26"!? you have definitely come a long way too. Get your self a camera, I would love to read about some of your solo adventures.
Thanks again Albert,
Lucas

Thanks for the report Lucas. Cool that your girl came out to fish with you as well. Next time you see those corbs swimming around if you can't get them go on the LC try a crocodile. Throw it past the corbs and wind it past them on a fast retrieve. They will eat the LC at times but they seem to like the chrome croc better than the hard bait. Stick with the fast presentation. When they commit they are going to hit it like a freight train. Keep at it Lucas I anticipate you will have that SWAT fish and a new personal best halibut real soon.

JerryG

I remember Marc (Bsp) saying the same thing last week, and I tried it with my lure, but they weren't biting. Next time I will try the Kroc though, I didn't even think of it. I am using 40lbs braid so I am wondering how line shy they are. I have a feeling VERY. Hopefully I will land one very soon.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try in the AM
Best,
Lucas

cool, a banded guitarfish. havent seen one of those in quite a while. =) Those usually get bigger than the normal guitars.
I know I could google it, but whats a banded guitar fish?

Mr_Dunev
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Haha, I actually am looking for a new job. I was working from home for the past year, but my partner in crime got hired, by a big fancy Fortune 500. So my days consist of Fishing, Job hunting, and going to interviews. Maybe smelling like fish at my interviews isn't the best first impression, but oh well :LOL:

Those shovel nose are no joke. I had one of my best fights on a shovel nose.

Congrats on the hook Tammy. Too bad you messed up... JK JK :LOL:!! You'll definitely land something soon enough, especially if you are fishing with Lucas.

Lol! He is at work. Dont you see his tie?? I wish I did this for a living :Sad:

Haha she'll land something nice soon enough. Feel free to donate to the "keep Lucas fishing fund" HAHAHAHAH:ROFL:

GhettoBasster
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Dang!!! great job AND she's helping your fishing habit! She's a keeper. No C&Ring her.

Tammyn77
04-26-2012, 08:19 PM

SWAT....SP Dan <"))><

Hey Dan!! Thanks :) next time ill get him! and yep I'll definitely be joining lucas more often..That's if he lets me:Wink:

haha, i told him what my halibut goal was and he laughed, i think he wants to trade, but that ain't happenin' :Wink:

WWO
Yep, I got up! And i was excited, i had a feeling i was gonna catch a fish! But then..... well you know what happened:Embarrassed: Still learning the ropes on this whole fishing thing! I'll get it right soon though.

LOL ouch

Dang!!! great job AND she's helping your fishing habit! She's a keeper. No C&Ring her.

Agreeed :Wink:

bones
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Mr D..... Another fine report soldier!

Good luck in the trenches Lucas. Your expressed desire to be a part of the Team has been well received and honestly earned. Picking a time when the fishing just SUCKS is even more challenging but I feel that it will come sooner than some will predict.
Your a man on a mission..... be careful when striking this pose ....

One time I knew a guy who put little teeth marks in his rod blank and when he was on a serious fight with a big fish......his rod snapped !
That's a huge SNGF though.....Maybe it's a Shovel Nose Violin Fish:ROFL:

When Tammy said that "Fishing dates are the best" ...... That's definately one PB that's ok to keep for a lifetime.

Mr_Dunev
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Mr D..... Another fine report soldier!

Good luck in the trenches Lucas. Your expressed desire to be a part of the Team has been well received and honestly earned. Picking a time when the fishing just SUCKS is even more challenging but I feel that it will come sooner than some will predict.
Your a man on a mission..... be careful when striking this pose ....

One time I knew a guy who put little teeth marks in his rod blank and when he was on a serious fight with a big fish......his rod snapped !
That's a huge SNGF though.....Maybe it's a Shovel Nose Violin Fish:ROFL:

When Tammy said that "Fishing dates are the best" ...... That's definately one PB that's ok to keep for a lifetime.

Thanks, Mike

I am glad my efforts are shining through my reports :Big Grin: I sure hope my rod doesn't snap, that would be very upsetting, especially while reeling in my challenge winning fish!:Fishing Catch: Next time I catch a SNGF that big, I will take an extra pic just for you of me playing it like a violin :ROFL:
And yes your right, I have to break the creed, and take my PB (Tammy) home!

Thanks again, and good luck tomorrow!
Lucas

smokehound
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Banded guitarfish are very close relatives of shovelnose guitarfish, only they have darker markings and get bigger.

Usually fatter too. not very common these days.

murrieta angler
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Lucas,
So let me get this straight...you are nice and warm in your new waders, that she bought you and she is getting wet in the surf?!?
Hmmmmmmm
Nice day for sure.
Robert
<><

bsp
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Lucas,

Glad to hear you got out there. Too bad only the wiggles were out in force, but keep an eye on those corbina. That beach gets LOADED with them later in the season, and you can pull some really nice ones out of there. jerryG is a very good corbina fisherman, and he's the guy who taught me that corbs like to fast retrieve. Listen to him if you want corbs on artificials, he'll be a better resource than I am. I will say this though... corbs aren't line shy when you burn spoons/jerkbaits by them, but they are if you go with a slow presentation. Sight fishing with sand crabs means 4lb or 6lb fluoro, but you can get away with heavy line for the reaction bite.

Look forward to more reports in the future,

Marc