PDA

View Full Version : Bluegills nesting yet?

fishing
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Has anyone seen the bluegills? I went a few weeks ago and couldn't find them along the shoreline. Are there any beds yet?

Rick Grover
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Has anyone seen the bluegills? I went a few weeks ago and couldn't find them along the shoreline. Are there any beds yet?

Yes and there are some giants. Look at the saddle between the island and the bank at the saddle dam. They are on the left side as your looking at the saddle dam from the main lake. Loads of them and they look real big. Also there are a bunch on the small point thats between the Observatory point and where the bouy line meets the bank on the left side of the Tower. Good luck. Rick Grover/Anglers Marine.

Matt_Magnone
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
absolutely correct. also jump to the bay across from the north bathroom cove. all the points in the back that have shallow bushes have BIG gills hangin in them. if someone knew how to fish them hard, i could definitely see a record being caught.

ddoskocil
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
So is it time to throw the shellcracker, or wait til the bass get to post spawn feeding more?

And for the gills, small jigs or crawlers, which is best?

Matt_Magnone
04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
So is it time to throw the shellcracker, or wait til the bass get to post spawn feeding more?

And for the gills, small jigs or crawlers, which is best?

oh they're eating the bluegill bait. hop to it buddy!

fishing
04-28-2012, 05:37 AM
thanks for the reply everyone. last year, around the middle of june, they were everywhere and fun to catch.