PDA

View Full Version : Alittle bit of bad luck this weekend

Got_fish?
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
So I hit the surf this week end and I ended up catching squat /:
Perhaps the weather wasn't rite? Or maybe I just wasn't at the time and place
Whatever the reason might have been I will definitely be going back I would just like some extra pointers or maybe how to tell where it may be a good spot or not
Thanks in advance [=

SP Dan
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi ya Got_fish?

The conditions have been tough with a few lucky hits and a lot of misses!

Just keep hitting your spots and try to be there at the same time as the fish....like the rest of us. :Wink:

I put in 11 hours of fishing on Sunday, hitting 6 different AO's and landed (1) BSP at my 9th hr!
What matters is.... that I was out there doing what it is that I luv doing! I'll take the rewards as they present them selves! :Big Grin:

Hang in there my friend and never stop believing! It will happen for you soon! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
For me, the same as Dan's comments except I fished Sat. 3 different AO's and nothing.

It's still early the farther north you go. So if you have patience and or time to travel south just hang in there and keep hitting it. The bigger fish are the one's that show up first.

WWO

DockRat
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Saw a ton of seaweed at Torrance today, waves were tiny 12".
Thought of hitting the beach but it looked too dirty.
DR

Got_fish?
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
thanks alot guys i am completely new to this and i aprreciate any feed back =]
at times i feel like i just dont have the rite technique and maybe te sport isnt for me because ive been at the beach for about 15 hours and havent caught a single perch -_-
but then i get home and get on this website and read stories of you guys catching 30" fish and it inspires me to keep going back
hopefully one of theese days ill come back with some pictures of theese giant fish and share my own story with you guys [=

murrieta angler
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
You tried and that's what matters the most.
Next time out, try a few different set-ups, carolina rig, drop shot, LC.
Also, conditions recognition is very important.
Look for trenches, structure, seaweed...all these play an important part in landing some fish.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><