PDA

View Full Version : First time out Sat. 4/21/12

Cableguy
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
First time out to try my hand at surf fishing. Headed out to Oxnard Ventura areas on Saturday 4/21/12. Arrive 7 a.m. Overcast most of the day. Had the full ammo with a 7 1/2 rod, 6 lbs test, Big Gulb sand worms in camo, Perch grubs in motor oil red flaked, scent, etc. Looked promissing to see other fellow surf fisherman there. Must of walked 1.5 miles north and south of starting point at two locations. Didn't see any one catching anything. Everyone I spoke with was very nice. Most said the waves may be too high. Had the wife set up on a blanket with a ton of magazines trying to get her tan on. It was alot of fun even though I got the big SKUNK, I had a blast. Something about getting waist deep and casting again and again, studying the shore, looking for signs of fish. It was one of the best times I had fishing. I am definately doing this again. I'm hooked. :Cool

Which Way Out
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey Cable guy, Sat. was tough for a lot of people up and down the coast. I fished 3 different locations for the skunk. Didn't even see anyone else hook up. That little front that came through might of messed it up. The bite was good up until then, well at least down south.
Let this weather clear out and the water warm up, and you will be on the fish for sure. It sounds like you have the right gear and baits, so keep trying.

WWO

bones
04-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Your report brought back very fond memories of me and a special someone and all of the time we spent on the sand up in that area. I'm glad you had a good experience. Shoot me a PM sometime and tell me where you were fishing and I will try my best to give you some productive spots up in that area. I pretty much know that area like the back of my hand.

Tight lines always,

Mike

SP Dan
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi ya Cableguy!

Tough weekend for a lot of us! It just makes me that much-more determined for the next time!
I fished 11 hours on Sunday...fished 6 different AO's, must've walked 5-6 miles in my waders that day and beached my only fish
(a 10-11" BSP) at my 9th hour. :ROFL: Poseidon has a great since of humor at times! :LOL:
I had the best day in a long time! I even got my spiritual battery recharged from it! :Wink:
There's nothing like spending some quality time on the salt with a friend(s)! :Smile:

Thanx for the fun report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
04-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Hello Cableguy.
If you do it enough you will get some quality fish and I can't wait for the reports and pictures.
Been days where I do a sun-up till sun-down session and even crash on the beach for an hour or so.
Life Is Good!
Robert
<><