PDA

View Full Version : Tubular report 4/21/12 Non-masters

FKNChristopH
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Short report: Woke up really late Saturday, in the water at 1030, off the water at 2. Ended up with a limit and 1 bass released. Fished the flats and the submerged trees.

Long report:
Hit the snooze button at 5:30am 1 to many times which silenced my alarm for the rest of the morning. I woke up pissed that I did that around 945, said **** it, I want to fish. Got to the lake around 10:10, in the water at 1030. Launched near the flats ramp with a new game plan: fish deep in the flats. Within the first 10 minutes, I'm hooked up on a firetiger minijig by troutking smothered in Bite-ON garlic. Man those things catch fish.. Fish them deep with this hotter weather. Fished a split shotted white/orange mouse tail in the rod holder which got bit extremely well in a dead-stick or twitch presentation. Got 3 more between the mice tail and minijig before I made the long kick across.

Kicked to the submerged trees, switched to bass mode, flipping and pitching creature baits. Missed 1, lost 1 in the heavy cover, landed a nice 2 pounder. Saw a bunch of catfish beign caught, lots of golden buffalo on the rut and also missed 2 trout that was hooked up on mice tail that was deadsticked behind me.

Kicked back to the bouy line near the the flats shore line. Struggling for my limit, I managed to hook 1 on the jig/twitch presentation mouse tail, lost it, it came back, lost it again.. recast and landed a decent 2#er. Re-casted 2 more times and managed to land 1 more fish. I released the last one since he was jaw hooked. Out of the water at 2.

The bite is still pretty good. I just wish I had a fish finder to find the deeper holes..

*shakaa*

not letting me post my pic so oh well.. it was just a shot of my rig with a full basket

fishfnatic
04-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Nice job on the limits despite the warm weather. Farming fish is always disappointing but catching a limit despite several farms I find to be more rewarding then 5 hook ups and your done lol.

BRING IT
04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
dude, get a fish finder you wont be sorry I have basic humming bird 110 fishing buddy. I get 6+ 6hr outings on a battrie pack. The down side, sometimes you meter a ton of fish that wont bite UGH! LOL.
Try to get out for sat tube/yak tourny we are going to have a fleet of tubes out there. Not going to take it seriously, just have a blast.
Great report
BRING IT:Guns:

Mr T-rex
04-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Good job!!
Where is a good spot for Catfish ???

FKNChristopH
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Nice job on the limits despite the warm weather. Farming fish is always disappointing but catching a limit despite several farms I find to be more rewarding then 5 hook ups and your done lol.

Very rewarding indeed lol. Lets fish soon!

dude, get a fish finder you wont be sorry I have basic humming bird 110 fishing buddy. I get 6+ 6hr outings on a battrie pack. The down side, sometimes you meter a ton of fish that wont bite UGH! LOL.
Try to get out for sat tube/yak tourny we are going to have a fleet of tubes out there. Not going to take it seriously, just have a blast.
Great report
BRING IT:Guns:

I'm busy saturday for a family function, but im planning on going out on friday instead.. I do plan on getting a finder, Im just tryin to save some guap (money). I just built myself 2 bass rods lol. Hopefully we'll fish soon!

Good job!!
Where is a good spot for Catfish ???

Near any kind of structure, in the trees and near the bouy line at the dam. GL!

*shakaa*