PDA

View Full Version : My MASTERS Experience at the Vine - No Pics -

Rooster
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
No pics as i was fishing for 10 grand. :EyePop:
This year was my second year making the masters and it was one i will never forget.

First off to those that have no experienced it yet i highly suggest entering all the tourneys you can.

It is so much fun words just can not describe it. There is a buzz around the whole lake.

The staff really does an incrediable job making sure every single qualifier is having a great time.

Every year i think to myself that was the best fishing experience i ever had.

This masters i prefished the day before and got my game plan in place.

Had it all figured out, speed, pattern, area but one thing i did not figure into the gameplan. Not hearing the alarm clock :Secret:

Showed up nearly 2 hours late to the event i been waiting for all season. Missed the Breakfast, Sidepot, draw for boat partner.

You name it i blew it! This is how on the ball the Staff was, within 2 mins of entering the gate i had my vest and masters hat

and was being directed to the docks. Within another few minutes i was driven to a boat already on the troll and safely made the switch..

You talk about a staff that had there stuff together... Holly smokes! They were AWESOME!

I got partnered up with Matt aka Matty. I have gotten to know Matty through out the year and often shared info while on the lake.

We got on the fish and i was stuck on 2lbs being my best. Dragged both big and small and could not keep them off my hook. The bite was that good!

Around noon Matty hooks into a DD. We clear all the lines and he has been fighting the fish for close to 5 mins. It surfaced about 20 feet away from the

boat and was about 1-2 mins from being in the nett when the beast shook vilently and popped the hook. It was so bitchen watching Matty fight that fish.

You talk about one hell of a angler. Next year buddy!

Me and Matty both had limits and our big being around 2lbs each but we never weighed them.

I ended up not winning the masters but was a winner in my eyes.

Met tons of great people, Had the time of my life and got another fishing buddy to fish with in the future. Thank you Irvine Lake for everything!

To the Irvine High Powers - You truely got one hell of a staff curently in place. I really don't know what they could possibly do to make it any better!

Daniela, You and your staff are a huge asset to the lake and thank you for everything you do. " Keep smiling" :Envious:

Black Rock rods are Sick
Bite On Garlic - That bottle was bitchen!

fishfnatic
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Irvine is a great place with great people. I couldn't agree with you more. Glad to hear you had fun out there.

5150fishn
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I still can't believe you woke up late.ROFL!!! But as usual the Vine staff did what they do and got you where you needed to be in a flash. Too bad you didn't get the title but it sounds like it was a blast anyway. Bummer on Matt's beast shaking the hook but it happens to the best. It sounds like the fish were biting just the big ones were hiding for the day. It was pretty hot out. Thanks for the report and the great read. You weren't that hungry for breakfast anyway right!

Hitts0n
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I had fun ! I also was paired up with boat Capt Andrew from the opitions saltwater boat.Cool as hell!
I hope I make itto nexts years Masters!!

Big Daddy
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Great report "Rooster" I am glad you had a great time it is always alot of fun. The Vine does a great job on all of there tourneys, but in the masters they really treat you like "Royalty".

I think the only thing they don't do for you is clean your fish, although I have not asked them to as of yet. Maybe I will ask this weekend when I kill a bunch of cats "catfish that is" lol

Hometown
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Great read and I agree 1000% about the Staff FIRST CLASS

PONTOON
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Rob,

I read your report earlier in the morning but had to wait until I got home to reply..........

I've got to say reading this post was like a breath of fresh air because of the positive way you looked at participating in the Masters Tournament. Yeah, it would be nice to go home with the Masters Jacket, The Masters Trophy and a boatload of cash but you made mention more than once just the good feeling it was to participate, feel the buzz of anticipation around the lake and enjoy the comeraderie. I also have to respect the fact that you mentioned how hard the Irvine Lake Staff worked to ensure everyone had a day to remember. They are truly Great people!:Cool:

Thanks for the report Rob, you definitely get it and I'm sure I'll be seeing you at the KOC qualifiers. I hope you get in that one too. Trolly and I will be making every effort to make it in this year........Oh wait a minute Trolly's already in............I guess the pressure is on for the rest of us.:Envious:

FKNChristopH
04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Glad you were still able to get out there.. Must of sucked for your partner busting off that DD.
+1 on the vine staff being ON POINT.

*shakaa*

Bebop
04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah Rob the Masters is fun fun fun. I have been in it five times(that includes the Kitty masters) and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I did not try hard enough to make the Trout masters in the last two years. I will try harder next year. It is always nice to hear everyone(mostly) had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you again Rooster. Fish Hard Bro.

OC ANGLER
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Sounds like fun! See ya there next year!