PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris April 21

SirBluegill
04-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Went to the lake with my Dad today fishing for panfish. I end-up hooking into panfish and it was a nice sized Redear :D I caught him a few feet off shore on a boulder drop off. I also caught a trout on a mealworm. My Dad caught one small bluegill and lost a few. It was a nice sunny day and fun too.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/FoxBoy007/0421121018.jpg

vortec_cruiser
04-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Nice job, Anthony. It's great that you're fishing with your Dad.
Those jigs look good, too. When the water warms enough to tube without waders, send me a PM.

old pudd fisher
04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Nice work on the jigs, I like the color of them very vivid.

Natural Lefty
04-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow, you are making your own jigs? And they work too. I tried jigs a bit yesterday with no luck but maybe I didn't try hard enough. I was concentrating more on using flies.

That rocky spot looks like the Bernasconi area to me, but I am not sure.

That's a nice Redear and it's nice that you got out there with your dad.

fishmounter
04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
The water is getting warmer Ed, we'll all have to meet up and take out the tubes. I can't wait.

SirBluegill
04-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey Ed will do! we should get Jeff, his grandson, me, you, my dad and my friend to go all at once. Have a float tube party on a Sat that would be cool.

Thanks Old Pudd Fisher its a fun new hobby.

Natural Lefty- with a little practice it starts to get better. I first tried and failed last year with some split shot, hook and sewing thread LoL. But I bought the necessary stuff this year and it was a whole lot better and fun. Also had a good teacher (Sonny) show me in person how-to tie and that's what really got me hooked. and yes its the berisconi side.

o ya they removed the 5mph buoys all along the berisconi side :( So have to be extra careful this year. but I think my new float tube setup is noticeable enough :)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/FoxBoy007/DSC_0138.jpg

Sublime-Steve
04-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Niiiiiiiice setup. you can double it as a sail on those windy days :-)... thanks for the jig... gonna try it out soon they look amazing.

SRHBRO951
04-22-2012, 08:39 AM
when it comes to tying your own stuff sonny is the best that guy is amazing i fish with him any chance i can get

Natural Lefty
04-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I can see the rapid evolution of your fishing-related skills, Anthony, from last year to this year, not that they weren't good last spring, but they are that much better now.

fishmounter
04-22-2012, 10:59 AM
They removed the 5 MPH bouys? That sucks! Did they take out the round red bouy that was straight out from the Bernasconi launch area? That bouy marked my "spot". So now jet skiers and speed boats can just haul-*** right into Rock Climbers Cove and the whole Bernasconi Beach area? I wonder if they are going to put out new bigger, easier to see bouy markers, and they just have not done that yet.

SirBluegill
04-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey Jeff, I couldn't see as far as the red buoy but I did not see a single white buoy from the pump tower to the road. I did see boats speed on in now that there are no buoys.

Kelster
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Nice job on those jigs. It will be open season if they don't replace those buoys