PDA

View Full Version : Best BBQ joint in OC?

TheMightyGerbil
04-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe we should have categories for each style of bbq, lol....so what's your pick? I like Johnny Rebs myself but would like to find a good local bbq spot that isn't part of a chain/franchise. If they serve collard greens and sweet tea it's a big plus. :p~~O

TaperSteve
04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Irvine Lake next Saturday (4/28)!

Come join us!

TS

OutdoorGirl
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
There's a little hole in the wall place up here in Fullerton next to a sports bar called Big B's BBQ. I tell you what it was outstanding! I'm a huge bbq lover but usually only beef or pork. Never liked anyone but my mom's bbq chicken. Every time I ordered it, always over done. But Big B's chicken was the best part and the ribs were awesome too. I like the Beach Pit too. They have one downtown Tustin and Orange. It's not quite as good but it's a good atmosphere. Try Big B's, you won't be disappointed.

OutdoorGirl
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Maybe we should have categories for each style of bbq, lol....so what's your pick? I like Johnny Rebs myself but would like to find a good local bbq spot that isn't part of a chain/franchise. If they serve collard greens and sweet tea it's a big plus. :p~~O

I'm from Georgia so I know all about the love of collard greens and sweet tea, lol. Don't remember if they have either at the Beach Pit but they do have fried green tomatoes, fried okra, and sweet potato fries. Pretty much a southern girl's fried heaven!

Norma Stitz
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
outdoor girls is that place by Heroes???

Daryl
04-26-2012, 03:41 PM
This place is pretty legit. Although, I do prefer firing up my own pit.

http://www.blakesplacebbq.com/

OutdoorGirl
04-28-2012, 01:02 PM
outdoor girls is that place by Heroes???

Sorry took so long to see this.
Big B's Barbecue
1948 N Placentia Ave in Fullerton. The Beach Pit has a few locations. The one I've been too is downtown Tustin off Camino Real and 6th Street I think. There's also a small one a block north of the traffic circle on chapman in orange.

LGHT
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Burrell's BBQ - Santa Ana, CA