PDA

View Full Version : Float Tube Rigging Suggestions

Dci4me
04-20-2012, 09:55 PM
I would like to get some ideas and see everyone's PVC masterpieces. I am going to make some rigging for my FishCat but am lacking in the creativity department. For me, I am wanting to be able to store 3 rods, 1 bait caster and 2 spinning rods. I also am going to make a second to store 2 fly rods. Any pictures of y'alls homemade designs would be greatly appreciated.

Also, not to go off on a tangent on my own thread, has anyone ever used a small drift sock on a tube?

HBAR
04-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Here this should help you http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?55350-Advanced-FLOAT-TUBE-RIGGING-Arming-the-INFLATABLE-NAVY-for-BATTLE!!-quot-How-to-quot-w-pics&highlight=float+tube+rigging

seal
04-21-2012, 09:22 AM
If your only goal is to have 3 rods available, one being used and 2 being stowed, I use a Caddis rod holder and a 3rd grip on the same side of the tube so if you are fly fishing you do not have a rod holder, pvc and all kinds of crap around your casting side of the tube with fly fishing you don't want all that stuff to hang up on.

I'm sorry I know a lot of thought and energy have gone into some of these creations but they do add rigging work if you are going to deflate and re-inflate often, just my stupid little opinion.

vortec_cruiser
04-21-2012, 08:05 PM
I have my PVC rod holders on the left side of my tube as I'm sitting in it, so they (spare rods) don't interfere with my right-handed casting.

Dci4me
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
@ Hbar - Thanks! I have seen this set up before. It is very popular with a lot of FNNers. However, it is just too much for what I am going for.

@ Seal - This look very promising. I have been thinking all weekend and really want to keep gear/rigging on the tube to a minimum. I actually had a hard enough time going back and forth with just the 2 rods out on the water, so I think having 3 on the water would be overkill.

@ Vortec_Cruiser - I think I may end up building a 2 rod PVC that is on the left and angled back about 45 degrees or so. This would be my rig for casting and spinning gear, and some rod holder like the Caddis or Scottys for the fly rods, when I am out with the fly rods only.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions!