PDA

View Full Version : Bass from shore, 4/19

Redside
04-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I was able to hit up DVL for the first time this year, wanted to do a little bass fishing from shore. I arrived at the end of the line around 6:30, and was on my way around 7:00.

There were a fair number of shore anglers for a Thursday, but not crowded. I had a line in the water by 7:15, and had my first bass shortly thereafter, a nice healthy 14" fish. I caught two more in the next half hour, they were 15" to 16", and also nice and healthy, and thought I was really going to slay them, but the bite died for me abruptly. I tried changing up baits, tried dropshot, t rig, but no more takers.

I started moving from spot to spot, and did manage to catch one more around 11:30 a.m. This bass was also about 15" long, but had no belly. Maybe it spawned? Didn't look too healthy.

Saw a bunch of trout schooled right up on shore, they were all DFG stockers, 10 to 12" long. They looked really worried, and didn't want to leave the shore. (They were in like 12" of water!). All of a sudden, striper showed up and made a strafing run and scattered trout everywhere. He was maybe 3 to 5#. He hung around for a while and continued to harass the trout. I tried a bunch of baits, but he showed no interest.

I also saw one really decent trout (24"+) cruising back and forth.

So I ended the day around noon with 4 bass. Caught all of them on creature baits, fly lined.

hookup
04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
thanks for tha report bro did you fish the right side of the launch ramp?

HawgStalker
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Gotta love the creature baits! Good job.....

Thanx for the report!

Redside
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes, I was west of the launch ramp.