PDA

View Full Version : Nick Vega "NVCattracker" with two Double Digit Blue Catfish today!

VineAssist
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
The spring Catfish Bite is on! Anglers targeting the wiskerfish are finding their quarry stagged up for the summer bite on structure areas and on the chew. Anglers are reporting success using Mackeral and Shrimp flylined to rocky points and brush piles. Anglers are STRONGLY ADVISED to bring heavy line and a BIG net! The past two weeks a couple of quality fish have been landed so be prepared.
Nick Vega "NVCattracker" of Garden Grove can attest to the above mentioned statement! Here is Mr Vega with his biggest today a 23.14 Blue Catfish he caught while fishing Mackeral dipped in Bite On Cajun! Nick opted to release his quality Blue Catfish as part of Irvine Lake's "Help Save the Blues Campaign" earning the luck angler a free admission pass! Nick landed the quality Blue Catfish near Rocky Point.

Now landing one Double Digit in a day is great but Nick struck lighting again this afternoon in the form of the this 12.14 Blue Catfish he caught at the same locale using Mackeral dipped in Bite On Cajun! Nick also released this quality Blue Cat to fight another day.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050532.jpg

If you do land one of these quality Blue Catfish we encourage you to call the shop immediatly that way we can assist you in the release process of these magnificant game fish. Landing a Blue Catfish over 20lbs that is released earns the angler catching it a free admission pass! Over 50lbs and you earn yourself a free rental boat. On top of all that your mugshot is sent out to publictions and put on our various web advertising outlets.

Jimmy

the killa fish taco
04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Siiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!!

etucker1959
04-20-2012, 01:35 PM
The spring Catfish Bite is on! Anglers targeting the wiskerfish are finding their quarry stagged up for the summer bite on structure areas and on the chew. Anglers are reporting success using Mackeral and Shrimp flylined to rocky points and brush piles. Anglers are STRONGLY ADVISED to bring heavy line and a BIG net! The past two weeks a couple of quality fish have been landed so be prepared.
Nick Vega "NVCattracker" of Garden Grove can attest to the above mentioned statement! Here is Mr Vega with his biggest today a 23.14 Blue Catfish he caught while fishing Mackeral dipped in Bite On Cajun! Nick opted to release his quality Blue Catfish as part of Irvine Lake's "Help Save the Blues Campaign" earning the luck angler a free admission pass! Nick landed the quality Blue Catfish near Rocky Point.

Now landing one Double Digit in a day is great but Nick struck lighting again this afternoon in the form of the this 12.14 Blue Catfish he caught at the same locale using Mackeral dipped in Bite On Cajun! Nick also released this quality Blue Cat to fight another day.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050532.jpg

If you do land one of these quality Blue Catfish we encourage you to call the shop immediatly that way we can assist you in the release process of these magnificant game fish. Landing a Blue Catfish over 20lbs that is released earns the angler catching it a free admission pass! Over 50lbs and you earn yourself a free rental boat. On top of all that your mugshot is sent out to publictions and put on our various web advertising outlets.

Jimmy

Dumb questions, in the thread it's said the lucky angler opted to release his blue catfish. I was under the impression that all catish over 10 lbs must be released. I think a little clarification on this matter is in order.

5150fishn
04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Nice slayage on the kitties!

califishing
04-20-2012, 03:49 PM
nice catch on the blues nick,they are alot of fun to catch

VineAssist
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/KenHeaton.jpg
Ken Heaton is pictured here with a 12.12 Blue Catfish he caught while fishign with Nick Vega today as well. The two anglers reported releasing four trophy Blue Catfish today.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/KenHeatonandNickmando.jpg
A quality stringer of Channel Catfish to boot as well! Today was an exceptional day of fishing at Irvine Lake.

lowe
04-20-2012, 07:10 PM
WTG very nice hefty stringer you got there Congrats ..lo

VineAssist
04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
To answer Etuckers question. We encourage release over 10lb fish and over 20lbs it is mandatory.

PONTOON
04-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Congratulations Nick!:Cool:

Hitts0n
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Congrats nice! Now I kno where thecats are at I will slay them next saturday! Dont worry pontoon I wont tell anyone!

TaperSteve
04-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Awesome Nick congrats!

TS

BaseBallBat
04-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Dumb questions, in the thread it's said the lucky angler opted to release his blue catfish. I was under the impression that all catish over 10 lbs must be released. I think a little clarification on this matter is in order.

Clarfification = how about go and read the damn rules instead of always being a hater and starting trouble....

trollmiester
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
nice buudy.mt perdiction you will win king of cats in 2012