PDA

View Full Version : Panfish for four year old?

TheMightyGerbil
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm looking for an easy spot in Orange County to get my son on some panfish for his first fishing attempt. =) I don't have a fishing license (primarily fish LNL) but I wouldn't mind getting one just so I can take him to some park lakes. Like any tot his age his patience only lasts so long so it will have to be a short trip. Suggestions?

etucker1959
04-20-2012, 01:50 PM
That's easy Laguna lake in Fullerton. Their having a kid's fishing derby tommorow, lot's of trout, lots of fun. The bluegill fishing in there is usually pretty good. You'll like how clean the water is too, you might want to even come back in May and June for a little catfish action. lol

jaggerbub
04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
No license... take him to the pier. He will not get bored for sure the way the mackrels have been biting around balboa and newport pier.

TheMightyGerbil
04-20-2012, 03:03 PM
That's easy Laguna lake in Fullerton. Their having a kid's fishing derby tommorow, lot's of trout, lots of fun. The bluegill fishing in there is usually pretty good. You'll like how clean the water is too, you might want to even come back in May and June for a little catfish action. lol

Wish I'd known about this sooner! I called and registrations are closed for the event. :( Oh well, next year then.