PDA

View Full Version : WTB Loc-R-Bar Lock Alarm System

JeffO
04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Looking for a Loc-R-Bar Lock Alarm System for my new boat. Hoping someone on here is trying to sell one. PM me or comment below... thanks!

BuckBishop
04-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Don't leave your boat unattended.

JeffO
04-19-2012, 11:23 AM
haha thanks for the great advice, Mr. Bishop. That's kind of hard to do when you're staying at a hotel overnight or when you leave your boat on a private dock overnight when you're staying at a cabin-type resort! I just want something that is a good deterrent for somebody who even THINKS about stepping aboard when I'm not around, and I think the Loc-R-Bar helps with that. I'm also going to get a baby monitor and keep it under the console so I can hear any activity on the boat.

kaneo
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
locker bars are good, but still can be broken into with an battery operated sawzall... i would look into a good boat alarm.. one that sounds a loud noise any time some one even moves your boat.. or steps into it.. and i think there cheaper than the loc-r-bar's ?

JeffO
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
That's a good point. I think no matter what you do, if somebody truly wants to steal your stuff, they'll find a way. I just thought the locker bar was a good way of keeping somebody from trying since it would likely require a lot of noise (like a sawzall) to break. An alarm sounds like a great investment too. I'll look into that.... thanks, kaneo

REEL EZ
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
You can also use a Perko switch with a key
http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/battery_switches/product/956/

JeffO
04-19-2012, 05:21 PM
You can also use a Perko switch with a key
http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/battery_switches/product/956/

I saw those. They look pretty cool actually, but I have the Ranger Z20 rail system that uses completely different latches/locks...

JeffO
04-19-2012, 05:59 PM
The Loc-R-Bar now comes with an alarm padlock that sounds when the bar is tampered with. Even if you just lift the lock, it sounds a 100 decibel alarm. I think I'd still like to give that a try, of course not assuming it's a "bomb proof" addition.

....so, if anyone is selling one, let me know!