PDA

View Full Version : hike in from bernasconi 4/17 4/18 and A BALD EAGLE SIGHTING

jpod
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
4/17 my buddy and i both woke up early on tuesday so we dicided to head to the lake for some bass fishing the weather was awsome at 7 it was already 72 outside so i knew the bass were gonna be in the shallows so we got our gear anheaded down ther took the long hike in from the gate went to our favorite secret spot ther was sooo much fish activity and since it was closed the lake was glass so clear so many blue gill boiling on the water and huge and i mean huge fish jumping out in the open .and the bass were evry were big ten pounders just cruising the shore but any ways the fishing was good alot of dinks nothing picture worthy all on drop shot holographic shad went threw a whole bad of robos in three hours .but the best part of the whooooole day i mean both days was the awsome fully grown adult bald eagle watching over our every move it was beautiful he was ther today too his perch is on the top of the water tower at the end of the dam he just sat ther both days he graced us with a quick fly over and i couldnt grab muy camera in time hes HUGE fishing was so good on tuesday we came back today 4/18 but the bite was not ther today i only got one and one bad sunburn:Embarrassed:but the fish action was still crazy today to so many fish breaching the water and i got to see another awsome site a huge maybe 15 lb bass chase a trout to the top of the water rite in front of me i saved the trouts life cus as soon as i seen the monster come from the depths i screamed like a GIRL TO MY FRIEND l "OH MY GOD LOOK LOOK "HAHAAH but th eeagle was still just chullin so if any one goes out ther tomarrow i hope u get a chance to see him hel be at the top of the tower if hes still aound sorry for no periods between sentences lol i just kept typing haha sorry for no pics i did have a few of the average size we were catching but it wont upload

bassgrabber1
04-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Nice! Glad you had a good time. If the Eagle was there then he is early....usually comes around May.

TUNAVIC
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
I wonder what the Bald Eagles range is? The reason I ask is,this year I've seen an BHE also at Legg Lake once,and then a couple of days later I saw another at Puddingstone,just curious if they could be the same bird,any thoughts?
Have also seen them many times at DVL.

Cya Tuna Vic

tagg27
04-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a great day...thanks for the report