PDA

View Full Version : Sunday report

ushone
04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, on the water by 7am left at 6 pm.....had the hardest day ever. Went in search of spawners found a few and none of em would go for some reason also the crazy algae bloomin everywhere didnt help with being able to see. Most of the fish i actually saw were suspending in trees at like 40 ft of water and they were like 5ft down the trees just floatin. Threw a dropshot and normally crush the lake like im sure most of you guys do, but for whatever reason sunday they just werent haven it at least with me. The few hits i got they didnt take enough of the worm to get the hook. managed to hook up with a spawner finally with the dropshot get him to the side of the boat and he does a lil jump and spits it :Crying: looked like one of the nicer fish i would of have caught from dvl but i guess it wasnt meant to be. Actually had such a hard time i threw out a tiny lil crappie jig at some of them and got a few bites but i think the hooks were to small or something cause each time i set the hook it just flew outta their mouth. Overall a hard day for me and my buddy who actually managed to boat one. Better than work or school tho:LOL:

Matt_Magnone
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
this time of year can be the best or the worst time of the year. fish moving off the beds can be tricky to get to chew but there are some tricks that can get the fish to go. these fish both males and females exerted an extreme amount of energy guarding the nests not to mention doing the deed. a good portion of the fish are in a sort of recuperation stage. think slow moving baits with a lot of hang time that can be fished throughout the water column. keep the bait slooooooowly sinking and you can do some damage. fish are used to the usual presentations. they've been conditioned over the years. think outside the box or rather in the circle. what goes around comes around. not like the typical meaning though. instead of throwing a thin senko (although its working extremely well) go back to throwing a fluke or even a zoom trick worm. play with different ways of rigging it to make it do different things. add a weighted hook to make it shimmy, neko rig it, or even trick your baits out with flashabou. what worked 10 years ago still works now. dont be afraid to utilize a bobber either!

ushone
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the tips Matt. Haha funny you bring up the flashabou and bobber, i actually put on a bonito fly with a tiny split up a inch or 2 above the hook under the bobber.....was kinda unsure of it tho and gave up on it after a few spots.

Matt_Magnone
04-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the tips Matt. Haha funny you bring up the flashabou and bobber, i actually put on a bonito fly with a tiny split up a inch or 2 above the hook under the bobber.....was kinda unsure of it tho and gave up on it after a few spots.

haha. yeah it takes a bit of discipline and sometimes you look like a complete idiot to all the boats around you but it definitely works! who cares what they think when you're wailing on giants and they're dropshotting a 13 pound limit! haha :LOL:

ushone
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Ill give it a better shot next time, maybe ill try it with a slip bobber to get it deeper. Shoot i would of been happy with a 5 lb limit the other day the way it was goin lol