PDA

View Full Version : EL Salto Bass Blast!!

karalm
04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Finally got to go to El Salto in Mexico and fished for 3.5 days and caught over 280 bass from 1-5 lbs generally. In last hours of fishing I used a small crankbait and nailed two 5 lbers, one 5.3 and my biggest of the trip, a 6-11oz pig. Almost 22 lbs on four fish, what a BLAST!!:Big Grin: This was the best trip ever for bass fishing and I had the lake to myself. I hear it gets busy from Jan to Feb and again from May to June but April in between nets for Talipia which is commercially fished here was the Bomb. Most fish caught on cranks, spinner baits and large worms. PM if you have more specific questions.

qaze0
04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Nice report, what a dream trip trip of a life time. thx

DarkShadow
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I'd go but then I wouldn't be able to come back.

Skyler
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Epic fishing for sure :jealous:

I'd go but then I wouldn't be able to come back.

Naw, Mig, I think you could make it...

http://www.firecoalition.com/images/illegalscrossingfence.jpg

Lady Quagga
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM

Absolutely, and you could catch some Barrett off-season action on the walk back

Dr. MindBendo
04-17-2012, 11:08 AM
That's it I'm going back to the motherland! Congrats on an awesome trip.

DarkShadow
04-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Those dudes need Camelbaks.

And Quagga wishes she could go fish her motherland, but there aren't any lakes in El Salvador.

Lady Quagga
04-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Finally got to go to El Salto in Mexico and fished for 3.5 days and caught over 280 bass from 1-5 lbs generally. In last hours of fishing I used a small crankbait and nailed two 5 lbers, one 5.3 and my biggest of the trip, a 6-11oz pig. Almost 22 lbs on four fish, what a BLAST!!:Big Grin: This was the best trip ever for bass fishing and I had the lake to myself. I hear it gets busy from Jan to Feb and again from May to June but April in between nets for Talipia which is commercially fished here was the Bomb. Most fish caught on cranks, spinner baits and large worms. PM if you have more specific questions.
Gorgeous fish. Thanks for sharing your trip pics with us! :Thumbs Up:

Those dudes need Camelbaks.

And Quagga wishes she could go fish her motherland, but there aren't any lakes in El Salvador.
I'd say I was offended by your remark, but that itself might be construed as offensive to Salvadorans. :Dancing Banana:

karalm
04-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Thanks to all who offered their positive takes on this trip. Since this was an epic trip for me personally, I am working hard to return next year abd do it again and hopefully bigger fish. The spawn for this lake is in Jan/Feb and the top water I hear is amazing. Just think about how loud a 8 lb pig hitting a top water plug would sound........sweet as stairway to heaven....Tight lines kids!!

fishmounter
04-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Nice going Karalm. When I was busy doing fish taxidermy (replica mounts) back about 7 to 8 years ago, I must have made 50 or 60 mounts of giant El Salto bass. All were over 10 pounds and the largest was 16. It was, and I guess still is an awesome bass lake.

HawgStalker
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Lucky!!!!! Ive been hearing about El Salto for years.....

Congrats!