PDA

View Full Version : 4/16 trip report

hooks
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey Viners,
Inspired by trolly's epic catch, I arrive in the lot at 4:30 to find 3 cars.
1st to launch, I head off toward the dam. I anchor down outside Sierra cove in 65 ft. of water.
The water temp. was 64 -66* today. I set out the catfish poles baited down with shrimp. About 30 minutes into it, a pole gets hit. Anxious, I farm it. (I'm ready for this weekend; )
About ten minutes later the panga rod goes bendo in free spool. After a great fight, a solid 10 pound wiper comes to the net. I thought of getting a pic of it but released it instead. A short time later, the 1st pole gets slammed. After several line stripping runs, a fat 11 pound wiper is in the net. I seen the lake patrol at this time and a pic. was taken but not posted. I release the fish. About 20 minutes after the lake patrol leaves, I'm getting 2 big hits almost at the same time. I land both these guys that look to be about 10 and 11 pounds. At this point, Jimmy gets involved with taking a pic. and helping revive the 11 pounder.
By 9:30, I pull anchor and headed back to Kewlys secret spot in the flats. I drop anchor in 40 ft. of water and put out some pb on the bottom. I soon have 3 dink trout in the basket. The shrimp isn't getting bit here.
After seeing Scotsmaninusa (Brian) slaying the dinks too (he got a 4 pounder), I head back to my 1st spot.
I anchor back in the same spot. I put out a pb pole and a shrimp pole. Soon the pb pole (med. ultralite) gets hammered. A 8 pound wiper gives the ugly stick a workout.
I manage 2 more dink trout on pb b4 heading in.
Hardly any boats out today and lots of sunshine. I managed the 5 fat wipers and a limit of trout. I lost probably twice as many wipers as I caught and it was great fun.
tight lines,

scotsmaninusa
04-16-2012, 07:10 PM
yeah hooks aka wiperman aka steve it was lovely out there today except for those trucks. again nothing on troll but easy limit on bait. tired of loosing lures trying to get down to the fish then catching the bottom instead. i think i will have to change over to cats and try and get my wiper cherry. Your the man

Rooster
04-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Simply sick! You got those wipers down bro... Congrats Found this pic and thought i would post it... Props
http://cp.inkrefuge.com/images/recentcatches/P1050523_large.JPG

Hitts0n
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Thats what im talking about Hooks !!!!!!!!!!!! I still havent caught a wiper yet !!
Full tails,striper blood,fight real hard !! Beautiful fresh water fish ! Congrats !

Big Daddy
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Simply sick! You got those wipers down bro... Congrats Found this pic and thought i would post it... Props
http://cp.inkrefuge.com/images/recentcatches/P1050523_large.JPG

Hooksy how do you cook them baby's. Just kidding Guy's. Another great report.

troutdog
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Nicely done, great pic....safe to say those wipers have been eating quite well.

TD

karalm
04-17-2012, 06:41 AM
As always hooks, you are the man on the kitties and now the wipers!! Amazing slay. Will have to try again soon on the shrimp and wipers on ultralight. Your spot seems to produce regularly!! Take care!!

dixoncider
04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Nice Ones...! you have them dialed in...

hooks
04-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Thx guys,
It's about as close to catching a yellowtail in da' vine that you're gonna come.
I might be out tomorrow too, I thought farm fest was this weekend but it's not.
My bro wants to pull on some wipers, so we might hit it again.
tight lines,

Hitts0n
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
4/28 farmfest event.this weekend masters tourney !

FKNChristopH
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
BEASTLY fish!