PDA

View Full Version : Come join us the 28th!

TaperSteve
04-16-2012, 05:51 PM
"2nd Annual April Farm Fest & Rib Cook-off!" (4/28/2012) @ Irvine Lake (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?62410-quot-2nd-Annual-April-Farm-Fest-amp-Rib-Cook-off!-quot-(4-28-12)-Irvine-Lake)

HBAR
04-16-2012, 05:54 PM
TS what happened to the other thread? oh yeah do you have a paypal account you know why

hooks
04-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Is this farm fest just for trout or can I farm some wipers and kitties too?
Just curious.

Big Daddy
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Just curious.

Hooks you can farm anything you want because you are the man. Definately kitties early, Look who I'am trying to tell anything to I am going to be following Hitt's around as he is following you around lol if get just a few of your left overs we are going to be very very happy.

Hometown
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
:Big Grin:all the wipers will be the ones that eat all those juicy ribs!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :LOL:

TaperSteve
04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Just curious.

For the "Farmer of the Day" (gag prize) any farmed fish will count. Whoever farms the most fish that day will win the trophey.

On that note. This is the time of year and the Vine is the type of lake where you have many options on what species of fish to target and its not uncommon to have a multi species day. Trout, LMB, wipers, catfish, crappie, etc.... are all on the chew this time of year. I know last years Farm Fest was biggest trout but I was thinking, it'd be kind of fun for biggest fish to be open to any species, trout, catfish, LMB, wiper, sturgeon, or 5 crappie limit. Seems like it'd be fun to me but not sure what others opinions would be about it. If you catch a DD trout and its the biggests fish of the day than you deserve to win. If you catch a GIANT catfish than, you deserve to win. If you slay the crappie and catch an 8lb limit and it weighs more than any single fish caught that day than you deserve to win. Just a thought maybe something to try in the future.

TS

5150fishn
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
For the "Farmer of the Day" (gag prize) any farmed fish will count. Whoever farms the most fish that day will win the trophey.

On that note. This is the time of year and the Vine is the type of lake where you have many options on what species of fish to target and its not uncommon to have a multi species day. Trout, LMB, wipers, catfish, crappie, etc.... are all on the chew this time of year. I know last years Farm Fest was biggest trout but I was thinking, it'd be kind of fun for biggest fish to be open to any species, trout, catfish, LMB, wiper, sturgeon, or 5 crappie limit. Seems like it'd be fun to me but not sure what others opinions would be about it. If you catch a DD trout and its the biggests fish of the day than you deserve to win. If you catch a GIANT catfish than, you deserve to win. If you slay the crappie and catch an 8lb limit and it weighs more than any single fish caught that day than you deserve to win. Just a thought maybe something to try in the future.

TS

Sounds good to me! Mix it up and have fun with it. If one species isn't biting then try for another. Damn that means packing a lot of different gear though! LOL! I guess I will just stick to trout.

Rooster
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Sounds good to me! Mix it up and have fun with it. If one species isn't biting then try for another.

I agree. That opens it up to everyone. Love the idea ... Make it happen TS

troutdog
04-17-2012, 10:23 PM

ditto, sounds like a great idea....this is all in good fun, so I expect no sightfishing/snagging/netting :whistle: :LOL:

TD

Prowler_Tuber
04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
ditto, sounds like a great idea....this is all in good fun, so I expect no sightfishing/snagging/netting :whistle: :LOL:

TD

Aaron good thing you didn't mention Harpoons cause it took me a week to mount this to my kayak

Hitts0n
04-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Sounds good to me ! Wipers,cats,trout,5 limit crappie,lmbastards,carp....this way you guys can fishing for anything!
Great call Steve !

TaperSteve
04-19-2012, 04:10 PM
This years "April Farm Fest" Big Fish & Farmer of the Day awards will be open to ANY species of fish. Each contestant will be allowed to weigh-in their single largest fish of any species or five fish limit of crappie. Please follow all the lake rules concerning catch-and-release and limits of each species.

trollmiester
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
i will bring un needed hats for those farming fish.lolololseauthere

Big Daddy
04-19-2012, 06:06 PM
i will bring un needed hats for those farming fish.lolololseauthere

Man I was wondering when one of my most favorite people in this world was going to sign up. Way to go "Team 57" Trolly, now my day is complete.