PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 4/15

P.A.W.
04-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Well, just more of the same stuff. LMB are really on the chew. water 61*+- and still no stripers. Trolled early all over the place. Found a few small pods in the main channel but nothing more. Went up and down the bouy line and didn't meter one fish. So, for now just take your finnesse tackle or small x-rap type baits (for trout) and have at it!

GdHkSet1
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, just more of the same stuff. LMB are really on the chew. water 61*+- and still no stripers. Trolled early all over the place. Found a few small pods in the main channel but nothing more. Went up and down the bouy line and didn't meter one fish. So, for now just take your finnesse tackle or small x-rap type baits (for trout) and have at it!

PAW,
I'll be seeing you out there around may-jun time frame. Last year's striper troll bite for us was off the hook can't wait to get back to skinner with my son. Thanks for the report.

JAG107
04-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Man, sorry to hear about the non bite. I wonder how much longer it will take for the stripeys to make a showing? It's been tough for months now. I may try DVL this weekend, see if I can't find some willing takers there.

P.A.W.
04-18-2012, 05:33 AM
This next weekend could get interesting. With multiple 90* days and mild nights I expect to see water temps upping 3-4 degrees. Might trigger some stripey action? We're already seeing the carp starting to jump so the striper boils can't be too far behind.

JAG107
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
I wonder how big the shad are now?