PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on SARL first time.

CATCHORBUST
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Hey guys im headed to SARL tomorrow morning with my brother in law and im hoping to show him a good time. and hopefully a successful fishing post to come. its been a while :( sorry guys!!. Any advice you guys can give me on where to fish on shore? what size leaders to use and colors et cetera. anything that may help. last time i went there was for catfish last year and i got the skunk stripe lol. #hangingheadinshame
i rather fish the shoreline. also what time should i get there to get a good spot on shore? ive heard of some CRAZY lines at times.
Any help you guys can give would be amazing ....and i will owe you a beer while im out there! thanks again!

mjc89
04-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Anywhere near the bubblehole is a good spot for trout. Use a carolina rig and a leader anywhere from 14 to 24 inches. For bait just have a bunch of different colors because they will hit on different colors thoughout the day. If you want to get a good spot you have to get in line early. Ive never been first in line and i get there around 2am. It gets crazy sometimes especially on weekends and holidays.

LuckyCraft420
04-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I was there this morning and the bite was very slow... I got there a little before 6 am and got a spot near the bubble hole. I the people next to me caught 1 and farmed 1. Another guy on my other side had 3 poles set up at the main lake and 2 poles set up at the small lake, he managed 3. I caught 2 fish myself, the first on salmon egg peach pb and the second on salmon egg red pb. I tried jigging several plastics the first few hours with no luck. The water was warm so shorten up the leader lines to 10-12 inches and cast 40-50 feet out. Any questions just pm me.

evosamurai
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
you and your bro need to stake out a spot and DEFEND it...people will crowd you even when there is lots of space. Keep an eye out for people creeping in slowly