PDA

View Full Version : Finally legal to fish the mid at night

cutbait
04-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Turnout was poppin... line all the way back

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/midparking.jpg

:Cool:

Had fun talking smack with the FNN crew and the lake staff Tammy and Mark

Bob, Hiro, FTS, MikesOcean, DoubleA {spelled with one}, Trailblazer, Newport Dan, Coeffecient and many more I am sure I didn't see

Everyone outdoing eachothers fish stories

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/line.jpg

:EyePop:

Dogs and LMB filets for dinner before the gates open. Wind was tough to get the fire started and even had to start it in my truck with windows down. {I am a trained professional, dont try that at home}

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-04-14_15-28-11_595.jpg

:Wink:

Got on the water and within 1 min the trolling rod goes off.... but just that soon the fish shakes off. Troll around a bit more and then ALL HELL breaks loose.. MikesOcean rod goes offffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even yanks the rod out of the holder and somehow Mike snatches it... He battles this thing for 30 seconds, which felt like an eternity, then he yells "its coming up" we follow the line as the fish tries an attempt to get to the surface. Line is running up shallow fast, then to our amazement it follows right under a bass boat??? AH CHIT we hung up on the boats motor...... Key the benny hill music as we race to catch up to the bass boat before he hits the 5 mph zone and blasts off...

Ended up cutting the line and saving all the gear and unwrapping all the line from the prop without cutting into the rear end seal....

Turned out to be MEAT MAN from FNN on the boat and he and his partner were cool cats.... {I'll let you draw your own conclusions on his screen name, I'll give you a hint, its not what you think} :Secret:

Dark sets in and we drop anchor next to TB and DA who are bitchin about it the whole time, like TB usually does... We fish on with the dines for 1.5 hrs or so for one 6 lb kitty and DA with 2 kitties..

Saw some guys hammer out a 6 lb Largie and a 4 on swimbaits...

Wind is howling and we only had a 20 min window of low wind. Hey, but atleast we showed up and didn't lay in bed with mama and the PJ's {direct jab at all the ones who stayed home} :Rolls Eyes:

We moved around, marking fish, throwing dines, wasn't happy catching kitties, lookin for stripers...

We located Stripers all over but these fish were on the move. You would find big schools and in a heart beat they were gone..

Had fun, just wish it was planned in June... But Mark and Tammy are trying to plan 3-4 more during the summer months and I'm sure its going to be great

Here is Newport Dan with the kittie we kept

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-04-14_22-47-19_538.jpg

TB and MikesOcean caught several during the day before they came off the water to get in line

Thanks again Mike and Dan for letting me jump on after my ride backed out

Coefficient13
04-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Nice to meet you yesterday.

Glad you got a pic of the line to get in, I forgot to take that one, and many others.

Nice cat. I hope they get us another night event quick; the Castaic ones don't allow kayaks, and last night was a hoot. See ya out there.

meatmanrichard
04-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Meatmanrichard here chimming In yea pyramid under the stars was a blast my partner and I caught a limit of smallies and we won an annual pass at the end in the drawing when should seem mikesocean's face when he saw he's rod go off it looked liked he swung on a 50 lb white sea bass lol we've gotta do this event again

trail blazer
04-15-2012, 01:14 PM
LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HAY MEAT MAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What you didnt see was them trying to catch up with the HUGE STRIPER,,,,,,,,PURE Pandamonium on there boat from what we saw,,,,,We stuck around just to make sure that they were,nt going to do anything else stupid like they already did!,,,,,,,Once we seen that you were schooling them we went to catching more stripers.

OOOOO,,,Just curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats BOB doing to hiro in that 2nd pic,,,huuu
:???:

TRAIL BLAZER

meatmanrichard
04-15-2012, 01:54 PM
That looks like a good old fashioned reach around

trail blazer
04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
WOW!!!!

Didnt see it before,,In that 2nd PIC,,,,,,,,,,,Whats DOUBLE A doing to himself back there?????Looks kinda weird to me.

Hitts0n
04-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Great report! Mmmmmm those lmb fillets look good.We should have a lmb cook off soon at Pyramid lake.How did u season it and cook it? Kill all LMB !! Its a must ! Looks like fun out there !! When is the next one !!!!!

MikesOcean
04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Great Report CB!!!

And it was my pleasure Bud to have you aboard. Thx for having Cutbait's Country Kitchen there! Couldn't believe how many bass were in that bucket! j/k bass fishermen! only 1, I think? Thx for supplying good movies!:Wink:

and meatman it was more like a 60lb wsb the way I swung! haha Hope the motor was ok? Seemed like it?

And it really was a reach around from Bob to Hiro!!! :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Ur cracking me up with that photoshop bud…..

Or is it that Bob was REAL happy to see Hiro…and Double A iz into just watchin…don’t know..

Don’t ask don’t tell policy is now OFFICIALLY enacted ! : )

Good time for sure…..

I saw the trolling mishap….don’t have a whole lot to add about that one either but I’ll say I got a good laugh !

Good to see U guys…we’ll definitely have to get out on the water more as a group in the future..

Nothing but good times ALWAYS !

Sooner that later the bite will go real hott n’ heavy…look for another Striper-FEST to be booked at that relative time…

We’re all due for an off the hook knock down drag out CAMPING event..

And YES this time I expect to see many people stay afterwards and Camp…

Those campground facilities continue to improve, heck I was impressed they way they were at last event but vast improvements have occurred since the last Striper_BOWL…

Man….can’t wait…

The next Nightime event has me twitchin’ already…..

Tammy and Mark, we’ll have to get together soon to begin planning the next session

Good times,
Gary

Double A
04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
WOW!!!!

Didnt see it before,,In that 2nd PIC,,,,,,,,,,,Whats DOUBLE A doing to himself back there?????Looks kinda weird to me.

I just saw that,,, w/t/f am I doing ???

Coefficient13
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I just saw that,,, w/t/f am I doing ???

Organizing your tackle?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Organizing your tackle?

Quote of the week : )

Remember....don't ask.....don't tell