PDA

View Full Version : Recap: Pyramid Under the Stars

Coefficient13
04-15-2012, 02:02 AM
I decided I had nothing better to do than be smashed upon rocks in my kayak so I ended up attending.

Good turn-out for after a rain! Met Gary, nice fellow. Waited around for hours and assembled stuff. I'm pretty sure folks were looking at my kayak and silently voting me most likely to need his life vest.

Got on the water, headed after largemouth. Realised later my front lights were backward. Would have noticed sooner, but so were the lights on two other boats, lol.

Didn't catch squat for ages, decided to grab a striper to beat the skunk and trolled back to the marina for my leadcore. Got a striper on the way, and another in the same spot deeper with the core. Passed twice more and reached exhaustion time. Found weeds on my lure once I reeled in :( coulda gotten that other guy....

I'm not in good enough shape for that wind battle. Hit land at 11:30.

How'd you all do?

cutbait
04-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice meeting you man, AND YES we all looked at you and that Kayak and voted most likely to DIE! Your one tough S.O.B. {Pyramid at night in 30 mph gusts in a Kayak}

Wind was tough, bite was tough.

Coefficient13
04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice to meet you to. The things we do for fish, eh?

Wish I had gotten a pic of my Yak all night timed up.

For some reason I thought we had to be off by midnight and out by 1. Oh well.

Schedule another quick ! I'm in !

I tossed them back, though a fish with trebles in your lap in the dark is an experience.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/IMAG0851.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/IMAG0852.jpg

trail blazer
04-15-2012, 01:22 PM
C,EFCNT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOUR BAD TO THE BONE,,,,,,,,,Im impressed bIGTIME!

Great to see you out there.

trail blazer

MikesOcean
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Daaayam when I pulled the boat up in front of you, all I thought was who in the World is crazy enough to fish in these winds on a yak0!

Well, we all are crazy and we all do crazy things to fish! I tip my hat off to you! Didn't get to meet you, but next time I am coming up to you to meet the man, myth, and legend who yakd in those winds.

great job beating the skunk and great report!

See you out there!

Coefficient13
04-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Lulz, let's not scare away people for next time.

The winds weren't that bad and next time it'll be warmer, too. I think the real issue was the running out of coffee, even if it was cold coffee.

I may stick to striper next time.

I may also bring my coffee maker and stove to share.

I'm real glad to hear everyone had a good time, I saw a few folks who didn't look super pleased with their evening.

Seems like all you FNN folk did well.

TroutOnly
04-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Down at the other end of the lake they were,,,,,,,,whitecaps ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Coefficient13
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I trolled in the harsh wind, other than trolling kicking my butt in a tenth the time it would take otherwise, it sounds to me like I probably wouldn't have hooked up otherwise, cause I was paddling much faster than normal to keep myself straight. But Castaic still has the gold medal for actually ruining my day with wind; paddling as hard as I could but still going backwards, lol.

Sounds like fast bait worked for several folks.

I searched for some other options to add for next time with more realistic colors but still of a darker variety for night fishing.

There was a good variety of those Alabama rigs out there. Think I'm missing fish due to stubbornness of just not liking the looks/idea of them. I think suspending jerkbaits work well with the surge-pause of paddling, though. I'm gonna beg Castaic to allow yaks on their moonlight fishing for more testing time.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Good ta meet you too there my fellow fishin’ fanatic
(u are now clearly categorized as that)

U talked about taking the yak early on…

Conditions got tuff leading up to it..

And you know what ????

Ya didn’t back down

Ya didn’t run w tail between legs..

You showed up and pounded it hard….

I got a lotta respect for that…

If you could pull that off anyone can…

Heck I took my 12’ skiff with 2 bodies…so I wasn’t far behind you so to speak…

Congrats on the striper….ya beat me out that night as I striper skunked but did have 3 strikes on some larger lures but no hookup..

On another note: I might have gave U a few LMB tips if I had a little more time since you told me you were more focused on the mossbacks…

I was a little bit runnin up and down the line trying to get everyones running lights checked off so I could be clear to hit tha' water myself..

Sorry, next time feel free to come up to the tailgate gathering and we can talk a little more in depth….

Everyone is always welcome at the tailgate gatherings..

I have my spidey senses tingling…..they say ur next yak outing with produce a nice toad in tow on that yak…

Nice meeting you,
Gary