PDA

View Full Version : float tube age requirement?

kingfish2
04-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Just got my tube out and ready for tomorrow first time this year I'm taking it out and my son throws out the question can I go tube with you? Don't know the answer so I ask it here. He's 9 and a fish himself so I'm not worrriied abut the swimming issue and he'd wear a vest anyway but is there laws for age on a tube? By the way ill post a report tomorrow when I'm done.

fishmounter
04-15-2012, 11:43 PM
I am not sure, but I don't believe there is a law about being a certain age to go out in a float tube. There are none for swimming and floating around on an air mattress, in lakes where swimming is allowed. As long as he is wearing a PFD while out float tubing, and he knows how to swim, he should be fine. I don't need to tell you to be sure to stay close to him. I will be taking my 11 YO grandson out at Perris as soon as the water is warm enough to go in without waders. Where are you guys going float tubing?

HBAR
04-16-2012, 12:03 AM
I've seen a guy tubing castaic lagoon with a young boy, he had the tube the boy was in tethere to him. I'm sure the guy was really tired at the end of the day.

kingfish2
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
i havent taken my boy out tubing yet i usually go to silverwood early before the wind picks up. i was there sat but only stayed for an hour cause my wife and son wanted to come along and i didnt want to make them wait on shore all day. i didnt want to buy him a tube yet if i found out it was illegal to be under age on a tube. since i havent heard of a age limit i may just pick him one up now and tether him to me so i can pull him around if need be. ill wait for the water to warm so he can go without waders and probably take him to perris.