PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Government Building USA Bridges ?

DockRat
04-14-2012, 06:02 AM
THIS KIND OF CRAP MAKES ME SICK. DR

Diane Sawyer reporting on U.S. bridge projects going to the Chinese.
... NOT Americans. The bridges are right here in the U.S. and yet
Obama has approved for Chinese contractors to come in and do the work.
What about jobs for Americans???

Watch this video. It doesn't take long to view.

U.S.A. Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms - Shocking to
say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick.
(It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-bridges-roads-built-chinese-firms-14594513?tab=9482930?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l176/dantefly/fuck344.gif
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/kxlusam/communist_usa-flag.jpg

DotA
04-14-2012, 09:28 AM
............... /yawn

HawgZWylde
04-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Agreed DR. Chinese contractors have been doing work IN THE USA for awhile now. American contractors cannot compete due to rules, regulations, taxes and fees that apply to American contractors, on American soil, but not foreign contractors. I suspect that there are sweetheart deals made between the American labor unions and the foreign contractors to use said labor(perhaps that's why DotA's yawning). Non union labor, and non-union American contractors are shut out of almost all large government infrastructure projects...

DotA
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
i always hear about how contruction workers can charge anything for their labor since coming from the goverment its about time they hire cheaper help

fish_sauce
04-14-2012, 01:44 PM
"...the road from reasonable suspicion to rampant paranoia is shorter than we think..."

if you actually watch and listen to the video, they CLEARLY state that the decision was made at the STATE level, how they turned down federal money to contract with the Chinese, and that federal law "requires major infrastructure projects to buy American when the cost difference is reasonable..." I fail see how this could be used to support your biased position on the Obama administration.

koifish
04-14-2012, 03:35 PM
When I worked in bay area it was American firm won the bid to build the new bay bridge. Don't know about the latest new bridges but the jobs always go to the lower bidder. save money.

Jig-Guy
04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
My father helped build the original Oakland Bay Bridge, pay checks were nice:Big Grin:. What a deal all the money leaves our country:Angry:.
"YES WE CAN":mad:

Big Daddy
04-14-2012, 10:11 PM
This makes me sick I can't wait until he gets his tail out of office and I hope all that voted for him are discusted too and don't fall for the lies anymore. Great post DR

DockRat
04-15-2012, 08:57 AM
............... /yawn YOUR FUTURE BRO !
Stop going to Walmart. ANTI-FISHING Company.

From your 3-26-12 post.

lost my job need some money now... :Confused:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/Zermoid/unemployment-490x364.jpg
' Yawn '
DR

DockRat
04-15-2012, 10:31 AM
MORE BULLCRAP.
American Hero Dr Martin Luther King rolling over in his grave.
Imported Communist Labor to build his memorial. :Finger:

275,000 Black Americans served in Vietnam fighting Communism.
5,711 Black Americans died in Vietnam fighting Chinese backed Northern Vietnamese.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/TobyMendez/149551-rev-martin-luther-king-memorial.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/doafee/china.gif

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered this speech in support of the striking sanitation workers at Mason Temple in Memphis, TN on April 3, 1968 — the day before he was assassinated.

Now we've got to go on to Memphis just like that. I call upon you to be with us Monday. Now about injunctions: We have an injunction and we're going into court tomorrow morning to fight this illegal, unconstitutional injunction. All we say to America is, "Be true to what you said on paper." If I lived in China or even Russia, or any totalitarian country, maybe I could understand the denial of certain basic First Amendment privileges, because they hadn't committed themselves to that over there. But somewhere I read of the freedom of assembly. Somewhere I read of the freedom of speech. Somewhere I read of the freedom of the press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the right to protest for right. And so just as I say, we aren't going to let any injunction turn us around. We are going on.
http://www.afscme.org/union/history/mlk/ive-been-to-the-mountaintop-by-dr-martin-luther-king-jr

Many economic Nostradamuses have long predicted that the epitaph on America's tombstone will ultimately read, "Made In China." But casual observers probably didn't think the funeral procession would happen this fast. In the last year, though, most have wised up. Thanks to a spate of mind-blowing headlines, we are learning that the Chinese invasion isn't just a distant possibility —
it's happening right now.

First, in February, ABC News reported that almost every Americana-themed trinket sold in the Smithsonian Institute is made in China. Then news hit that San Francisco is importing its new bay bridge from China. Then came the New York Times dispatch about the Big Apple awarding Chinese state-subsidized firms huge taxpayer-funded contracts to "renovate the subway system, refurbish the Alexander Hamilton Bridge over the Harlem River and build a new Metro-North train platform near Yankee Stadium."

Astounding as all of that is, it was quickly topped by news last week reminding us that the new Martin Luther King monument in Washington was designed by a Chinese government sculptor and assembled by low-wage Chinese workers.

The trend is enough to trouble any American. After all, when a memorial for a civil rights leader who deplored "starvation wages" and died supporting a sanitation union's strike is built by non-union serfs from China, it's a good sign there's a big problem.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/26/305092/mlk-jr-memorial-statue-completed-using-unpaid-chinese-laborers/?mobile=nc

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad130/GussW/Misc/MLK-Memorial.jpg

DotA
04-15-2012, 10:39 AM
funny from a yawn post u gotta clown me then tell me what todo with my life........ f u

City Dad
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
"...the road from reasonable suspicion to rampant paranoia is shorter than we think..."

if you actually watch and listen to the video, they CLEARLY state that the decision was made at the STATE level, how they turned down federal money to contract with the Chinese, and that federal law "requires major infrastructure projects to buy American when the cost difference is reasonable..." I fail see how this could be used to support your biased position on the Obama administration.

I think you bring up a reasonable point, fish_sauce... which is probably why your post has been ignored.

What fascinates me about this forum, what keeps me coming back is the curiosity I have of the mind set expressed by some here that; "If someone has a different opinion than I do it makes them an anti-American bent of destroying me and my country."

What causes someone to think like that?

fish_sauce
04-15-2012, 02:22 PM
What fascinates me about this forum, what keeps me coming back is the curiosity I have of the mind set expressed by some here that; "If someone has a different opinion than I do it makes them an anti-American bent of destroying me and my country."

What causes someone to think like that?

Thanks for the acknowledgement, City Dad.

The influential historian and philosopher Voltaire once wrote that "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...." I think free speech in America is a wonderful thing, a right passed down to us by the framing fathers and protected by the lives of those who come before us. However, it is a right that we often times take for granted. The fact that we are allowed open political discussions in public forums is awesome, but it carries with it a moral obligation to speak the truth and not distort it for our own purpose, and to allow others of the same liberty despite the fact that their fundamental beliefs may be different than our own.

With that being said, I think DR has a very valid concern. The trend of subsidizing jobs overseas can bring about a multitude of disadvantages for American workers. This much is obvious. However, the core of the problem cannot always simply be pinned on a single individual or group. Furthermore, it's important to scrutinize the facts before we make any kind of accusations or take any kind of stand. If history could teach us anything, it is that in climates such as this that natural drum-heads are born; thriving on the fear and suspicions of the masses. Let us leave the McCarthy Era where they belong: in the past.

Andrew

DockRat
04-15-2012, 02:30 PM
funny from a yawn post u gotta clown me http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/itsjenjen/icons/clown.gif

Try this website for less 'Yawn'.
http://spongebob.nick.com/

USA Taxpayers $ Dollars goes to the Chinese military. :Rolls Eyes:
We need US workers doing these projects here at home.

It is just hard to believe that the younger generation doesn't care much about the direction this country is going and has ' Sold Out ' to
foreign countries. Especially Communist China. WHY ???
DR

The The Communist Party of China is the world's largest political party, claiming over 80 million members at the end of 2010. The vast majority of military and civil officials are members of the Party.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

Military spending in China has grown about 10 percent annually over the last 15 years. The Chinese government's published 2011 military budget is about US $100 billion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/helenamarz/chinese_military0305.jpg

DotA
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
.......................yawn dr qq some more

DotA
04-15-2012, 02:43 PM
.................................................. .........deleted.........................

DockRat
04-15-2012, 08:43 PM
.................................................. .........deleted.........................
Thought we were actually making a connection. :Sad:

HawgZWylde
04-16-2012, 10:35 AM

You are absolutely right, that's really the least of his problems.

8.2% unemployment (actually 12-15%).... the Dollar in a death spiral..... rising energy prices..... rising medical costs..... employers dropping employees’ medical coverage due to Obamacare.....68% of the population want Obamacare repealed......food shortages in the forecast..... no consumer confidence.... highest poverty rates in decades....46 million people on food stamps - - the most ever.......median income of Americans sinking like a stone......gasoline prices north of $4 per gallon in some states.......misery indexes reaching new highs.... 70% of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction….national debt catapulted into the stratosphere..... $6 TRILLION added to our national debt in 3 years, while both Houses of Congress were in Democratic hands….in a war with Libya without Congressional approval….. dictating to Israel where their borders should be while ignoring our own......25% of all homeowners underwater on their mortgages.....home values continuing to plummet......murder du jour on the wide open Mexican border while illegals continue streaming across.... suing the states of Arizona and Alabama for simply upholding federal immigration laws already on the books……..‘Fast and Furious’ scandal growing daily amidst weekend document dumps by the White House.........continued moratoriums on domestic oil drilling, eliminating tens of thousands of good-paying jobs.....Keystone Pipeline killed, locking thousands more people out of good-paying jobs and increasing our dependence on foreign oil from hostile, environmentally-unfriendly regimes.......bowing to foreign leaders like a TRAINED FLEA…… lies about unemployment figures emanating from the White House as economic advisors bail........ American students spending years paying off their student loans while Obama pushes the DREAM Act for illegals…..... threatening to close down Boeing for choosing to set up shop in a right-to-work state……imposing new, constricting financial regulations that are choking any chance of upstart venture capitalism….. a “jobs bill” that looks suspiciously like a union leader payoff….....in a “crony corporate capitalism” relationship with General Motors, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, BP and much of Wall Street...... billion$ in taxpayer dollars squandered on "green" companies like SunPower, First Solar, Solar trust, Genisis solar project, and the now-defunct Solyndra, and lots of un-answered questions surrounding the MF Global and Lightsquared fiascos…..half a billion dollars of taxpayer money wasted to fund unaffordable, unwanted Fisker cars built in Finland…..the taxpayer-funded Chevy Volt a malfunctioning disaster……idling thousands of acres of irrigated farmland in order to placate the EPA…… imposing birth control mandates on religious employers…..campaigning around the country at taxpayer expense on Canadian-built buses......insulting private citizens and ginning up class warfare……the country so divided along racial and cultural lines that we're approaching revolt levels....approval ratings mired in the low 40’s….2012. Gee..... What could possibly go wrong for Obama?

HawgZWylde
04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
funny from a yawn post u gotta clown me then tell me what todo with my life........ f u

Lol, DR, I think he likes you...

Lady Quagga
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
tl;dr theater presents

you are absolutely right, that's really the least of his problems.

8.2% unemployment (actually 12-15%).... The dollar in a death spiral..... Rising energy prices..... Rising medical costs..... Employers dropping employees’ medical coverage due to obamacare.....68% of the population want obamacare repealed......food shortages in the forecast..... No consumer confidence.... Highest poverty rates in decades....46 million people on food stamps - - the most ever.......median income of americans sinking like a stone......gasoline prices north of $4 per gallon in some states.......misery indexes reaching new highs.... 70% of americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction….national debt catapulted into the stratosphere..... $6 trillion added to our national debt in 3 years, while both houses of congress were in democratic hands….in a war with libya without congressional approval….. Dictating to israel where their borders should be while ignoring our own......25% of all homeowners underwater on their mortgages.....home values continuing to plummet......murder du jour on the wide open mexican border while illegals continue streaming across.... Suing the states of arizona and alabama for simply upholding federal immigration laws already on the books……..‘fast and furious’ scandal growing daily amidst weekend document dumps by the white house.........continued moratoriums on domestic oil drilling, eliminating tens of thousands of good-paying jobs.....keystone pipeline killed, locking thousands more people out of good-paying jobs and increasing our dependence on foreign oil from hostile, environmentally-unfriendly regimes.......bowing to foreign leaders like a trained flea…… lies about unemployment figures emanating from the white house as economic advisors bail........ American students spending years paying off their student loans while obama pushes the dream act for illegals…..... Threatening to close down boeing for choosing to set up shop in a right-to-work state……imposing new, constricting financial regulations that are choking any chance of upstart venture capitalism….. A “jobs bill” that looks suspiciously like a union leader payoff….....in a “crony corporate capitalism” relationship with general motors, general electric, goldman sachs, bp and much of wall street...... Billion$ in taxpayer dollars squandered on "green" companies like sunpower, first solar, solar trust, genisis solar project, and the now-defunct solyndra, and lots of un-answered questions surrounding the mf global and lightsquared fiascos…..half a billion dollars of taxpayer money wasted to fund unaffordable, unwanted fisker cars built in finland…..the taxpayer-funded chevy volt a malfunctioning disaster……idling thousands of acres of irrigated farmland in order to placate the epa…… imposing birth control mandates on religious employers…..campaigning around the country at taxpayer expense on canadian-built buses......insulting private citizens and ginning up class warfare……the country so divided along racial and cultural lines that we're approaching revolt levels....approval ratings mired in the low 40’s….2012. Gee..... What could possibly go wrong for obama?

DockRat
04-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Quagga Doddle Doo
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm3/unholycracker/attack-of-the-giant-rooster.jpg

HawgZWylde
04-17-2012, 09:11 PM
tl;dr theater presents

My pleasure, glad ya liked it...

DockRat
04-18-2012, 06:44 AM
My pleasure, glad ya liked it...

Did you just type that up off the top of your head ?
Pretty impressive since most have short memories and will buy into
all the BS ads that will be coming out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AAMa_X2dM&feature=related
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/funkychiken86/nobamajoke.jpg